Thursday, April 2, 2020

Hanging at the Houston Home: Week 2

This actually makes the end of week 3 for the boys being at home (the first week they spent with Grammy while I was still at my school working)..... which makes me very thankful that we have successfully navigated a quick change to our normal schedule.... no baseball, no going to church, no school and no play dates!  The boys are handling this transition a lot better than their mama!  They are content with daily bike rides, movie watching and school at the dining room table!  I have struggled with ensuring three meals are provided each day, school is checked off, my workload is knocked out and all the other responsibilities of being a wife, mom, homeowner, full-time employee are completed each day.  Also, my extrovert self is having a hard time not "seeing" people on a daily basis!  I decided to stop checking in on social media earlier this week and that change has made things a lot easier for me.... no longer am I analyzing how our quarantine life compares to others.... no longer am I overwhelmed with grief over all the coronavirus coverage....I'm trying to focus on keeping my family healthy, strong and successful during our time in our home.  The distraction of social media has been eliminated so I can focus on the other areas of my life that need the best version of me right now.  We have had our "ups and downs" each day while embracing the "new normal"..... here are some of the pictures I took from this week at home!
The boys helped daddy wash the car on Saturday while I went through both boys' drawers, moving clothes out that no longer fit and moving clothes in so they are ready for the upcoming spring and summer!  I have a box and bag ready to give to my nephew, Henry, when I'm finally able to see him again!


 We watched our church service online like we do each Sunday morning (this was our third week now).  Zander can stay pretty focused.... Maddox still likes to move around quite a bit! I was impressed at how Zander could read the pastor's notes as they were posted on the screen!  He is such a good reader!

The boys love "weekend mommy"!  With no school to distract us, we did exactly what they wanted to do... which included bubbles, sidewalk chalk, bike rides, basketball and corn hole!  We had a great weekend!
 Some pictures from our week of school and work....trying to entertain the kids while I participate in video conferences, webinars and online training.  Grammy came Tuesday and Thursday morning for a few hours which was greatly appreciated while I was calling teachers, parents, and sharing information with grade levels through video conferencing.
We celebrated Anna's birthday through Zoom last night!  It was great "seeing" my office mates while we are working from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment