Friday, June 26, 2020

Summer Break: Week 1

I can't believe we have already finished our first of five weeks together for our 2020 summer break!  I actually worked all day Monday so it technically hasn't been a full week yet but since I go back on a Tuesday, it will officially be five full weeks of summer break!  This week was pretty laid back... here is how we spent our week!  We celebrated daddy all weekend last weekend for Father's Day.  We went to a nearby green way to explore for a bit..... it is called Muddy Creek Trail so we had to snap a picture near the muddy creek!  The boys are excited about starting back into baseball so they brought their gloves and balls to play catch with mommy and daddy along the way!  We only lost one ball to the creek on this adventure! haha  We were able to grab dinner at Mellow Mushroom in downtown Winston, one of the first restaurants we have been in since the beginning of March.  On Sunday, daddy wanted a day of relaxing and that is exactly what we did! We fit in a family bike ride, a couple rounds of four square at the elementary school down the road and a couple innings of kickball and then spent most of the day lounging around the house or in the backyard with the splash pad!  Daddy still fit in mowing the grass on Sunday.... I guess a parent's job is never done and you really don't get a day "off" from that job!! 
I went to work on Monday and then on Tuesday, I decided to knock out some household projects that I try to get done every summer.... including cleaning/scrubbing the front porch!  The boys and I did go swimming at our neighbor's pool in the afternoon but it was definitely more of a productive first day of summer rather than relaxing!  At some point on Tuesday, Burke fell down our back stairs chasing after a squirrel.  He has been limping since then.  I took him to the vet on Wednesday to confirm nothing is broken and we are trying to keep our very active pup a little less active... which is a challenge!  He is starting to put some weight on it as of today but he still doesn't place his full weight on that leg.  We are praying for rest and healing in the upcoming days!
This week I celebrated #37!  The actual day was quite crazy and didn't live up to my "birthday expectations"..... but after a few mishaps, we were able to enjoy a walk/bike ride in downtown Winston seeing Aunt Lindsey's college campus and then to get yummy doughnuts with some of my favorite people!  Aunt Lindsey and Grammy were there even if they weren't photographed due to the crazy day!  I spent my birthday evening on the ball field and then grabbed ice cream afterwards!  
We are spending most of our time on the ball fields these days!  With both boys playing on different leagues, the schedules make for a busy week!  This week we will be at the ball field 6 out of 7 days with practices of approximately 2 hours each day.  Next week starts games for an abbreviated summer season due to Covid-19 and all the precautions/mandates from the state.  I love seeing my boys interact with other kids and listening to coaches give them feedback as they are playing and learning a new sport!  Both boys are loving every minute of it.... making it easier for mommy to be at the ball field almost every day!
We also met the cousins at Quarry Park for a picnic lunch on Thursday and went to the lake with the Williams family today! You probably won't see many lake or pool pictures on my blog this summer.  With two adventuresome swimmers, mommy is in the water and very vigilant over my two boys while they are expanding their swimming abilities!  It makes for a fun summer for sure!! I'm curious..... what summer will I actually sit on the side of the pool and watch this all happen?! ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment