Sunday, February 21, 2021

Freezing rain, ice and remote learning! Oh my!

 What a week or two we have had!  The last couple weeks have been filled with less than ideal temperatures and weather for my two active boys.  While they have desperately wanted a good snow... all we got was freezing rain and ice!  Here is how we have entertained ourselves as we are counting down the days to spring!  Zander met one of his best buds, Christian, at the roller skating rink for an afternoon of fun! Zander was zipping around the rink and showed a huge confidence which was exciting since we haven't been to the roller skating rink since before the pandemic started a year ago.  Both boys enjoyed spending their money at the arcade as well!

Maddox requested gel one morning!  He gets his thick hair from his mama!  He did fess up this week that he cut a couple locks from his hair using daddy's beard cutting scissors.... he proudly proclaimed "it didn't hurt at all"! haha  I told him he will not be cutting any more of his hair in the future no matter how cute his explanation was! ;)  

Linds and I suited up for our first 10 miler of 2021.  We have a virtual half marathon we are running at the end of March so we are trying to increase the mileage in the next few weeks as we prepare for 13.1 again!  Ironically, our entire run was in freezing rain with trees falling in front of or behind us along the path.  It might have been one of the craziest things we have done lately but really made us feel like true runners who get out there in all types of weather!  When we got back to my car, it wouldn't start again! This would make the second time in a week and a half!  The last time the battery was replaced so we have no idea what is going on!  Fortunately, dad came to the rescue and the jumper cables worked this time!  Zack met me at the dealership and we got a loaner to drive while they figure it out.  As of today, it looks like it might be another couple weeks without my vehicle which I know and love!  Hoping they get it fixed and I get back to driving it soon!  (These pictures were taken prior to the car not starting.... where things got even colder as Linds and I waited for dad and mom to come rescue me!) 

As I mentioned, this past week was filled with freezing rain and ice.  This meant for lots of indoor fun.  We watched a little tv and cuddled while the kids played on their tablets for a little break for mommy! ;)  We also played Uno, Guess Who and a few made up games around the house!
On Saturday, the weather got up to 50 degrees for the first time in weeks so we headed to the science center for some indoor and outdoor fun that was not within our living room! haha  We enjoyed our day!  Zander decided not to do the carousel this time... I hope that he hasn't outgrown things like that just yet.... we shall see! 
Thursday was a no school day due to the icy conditions and fear of many power outages which meant both boys were with me but we didn't have to worry about getting schoolwork done.  Other than that, Zander and I worked from home the rest of the week.  Thanks to Grammy and Grandpa, my sidekick went to their house on Tuesday so I could get a few things done at the school.  I enjoyed snapping pictures of him working while I was also knocking out the daily to-do list. I have to say I am very excited we are going back to school tomorrow..... it just feels right for Z to be in class and for mommy to get her work done with a few less interruptions. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment