Monday, March 8, 2021

"Snow" Much Fun!

 Our boys have been wanting snow all winter.... and when it looked like it was not going to happen this season, Zack and I made a plan to surprise them with a day of snow tubing! We had a blast and were able to see Jacob and Sadie for a meal before heading back down the mountain.  The boys enthusiastically went on some of the tubes by themselves and joined us for some tubing where we would go down the mountain sharing a tube with one parent and one child!  It was a fun-filled winter day!  Now we are ready for spring! ;)

We ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel before we left for our surprise adventure... the boys loved getting the cookie straw with their milk and I think they thought Cracker Barrel was the fun outing for the day... they had no idea until we pulled up what we were actually doing!  





Zander saw one of his best friends, Taylor, who was also tubing that day with her family!
I think the boys enjoyed seeing Jacob and Sadie more than snowtubing!  They must be extraverts like their mama! ;)  When I asked them their favorite part of the day at bedtime that night, both said seeing their cousins!
I love seeing the mountains... especially Grandfather Mountain!  Being in the mountains will always feel like home! ;)
Other events from the last couple weeks.... I went to donate blood.... something I'm trying to get back to doing every chance I am eligible! Not pictured:  I also got my first Covid vaccine!  I will be going back next week for my 2nd dose.  The nurse that helped me thanked me for being an essential worker and I might have teared up a bit!  My job has been so incredibly hard lately.  It was great to have the reminder that my position and what I do for a living is essential to our society and the kids at our school depend on me showing up every day to help them as they learn and grow into capable, responsible citizens within our society!  Basically, what I do every day matters! 
This pup.... I love him.... he is also giving me a run for my money lately!  He is chewing up the boys' stuffed animals and I sometimes come home to vomit in the living room.... thank goodness he is cute!
We stopped by to say hey to some friends who happen to own chickens... my boys want to own some too!  Don't tell them but that isn't happening! ;)
Zack and I fit in a date night at the end of February.  We try to have a monthly date night (thanks to Grammy and Grandpa)!  It is always a treat to see Zack outside of our house, enjoy a nice meal and have good conversations!  Pictured here is our dessert!
Zander's school picture.... just had to be documented for 2nd grade.... I wish he would use his authentic smile but I'll take it ;) Love this boy so much!
We went out to dinner to celebrate Carmen's birthday.... love these ladies and the time we get to spend together!  (It was Sports Day earlier at school.... hence mine and Angie's jerseys! haha)
Speaking of dress up days.... we had a whole week of it for Reading Across America week!  Here are some of the dress up days including Hat Day, Dr. Seuss Day and Book Character Day!
We got a basketball goal! These boys love it and spend almost every evening out there until it gets dark!  This was given to us free from some neighbors that are moving.... what a nice present! :) The four of us love playing outside in the driveway together while Burke watches from the yard! It is one of my favorite things these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment