Friday, June 18, 2021

Baseball Camp and M & M time!

Zander attended baseball camp this week with a local minor league team!  He loved hanging out with kids ages 7-13 and spending time with some of the players!  

On Friday night, we were able to go watch the High Point Rockers play.... Zander loved showing us each of the players that he worked with during camp!
I had to finish up work for this school year on Monday and Tuesday.... which meant that on Wednesday through Friday, Maddox and Mommy (M & M) had some uninterrupted time while brother was at baseball camp!  We went to a local park that has putt putt and a train ride.  We also went to the science center with Grammy!  I think Maddox loved the one-on-one time he had with mommy while big brother was busy.   Being the youngest, it is rare for him to have moments alone with mommy so we definitely soaked it all up!


On Saturday, Maddox was able to celebrate one of his best buds, Nash, for his birthday!  He loved the waterslide and water balloons!  
We fit in a trip to the library one afternoon to get some summer books! I am hoping to get into some sort of routine where we spend a little time each day working on some of the skills they learned last year so they are easily remembered when they start back to school in August.... so far this week... it's just been time spent reading our new books together!

A few weeks after I turned 37, I set a goal of running 1,000 miles before my 38th birthday!  My sister and I have probably ran this distance a decade ago when we trained for a couple full marathons but I never documented my mileage then.  Thanks to modern technology and my trusty Garmin watch, I was able to see my goal become a reality!  All outside miles which means I ran in rain, sleet, hot, cold, day and night.... sometimes alone and sometimes with my sister, the boys biking or with Burke!  It is so exciting to attain a goal that I made about a year ago (even with a little time to spare)!  I had to document the last three mile run which got me to the 1,000 mile mark.... complete with Maddox biking and Burke running (while Z was at camp)!  I have the best running buddies!  And if you are wondering if I will keep us this "pace", the answer is no!  I'll be cutting back on the mileage so I can still run a decade from now! ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment