Sunday, June 13, 2021

Last Day of School and Girls' Getaway!

First, a few more pictures from Maddox's preschool graduation.... my friend, Kristen (Mollie's mommy), took pictures of all the graduates and their families that night.  I will mention that three boys in Maddox's class (Nash, Burke and Luke) weren't there for the picture.... hence why it looks like a girl heavy group! ;)


I love what Google did with this photo to make Maddox in his cap and gown stand out from his surroundings!
Zander officially finished 2nd grade!  He is so incredibly smart and incredibly kind!  He is known around school for giving the staff members the best hugs and has grown so much this year!  He placed into the AIG (academically intellectually gifted) class which starts in third grade and I continue to be amazed at all he is learning!


Here we are dismissing car riders on the last day!  I love having my boy with me each day!
Zander went with Grammy on Wednesday to the science center to see the new exhibits which include flamingos, pygmy hippos and a serval!  I can't wait to take Maddox next week after I am off from work while Z is at baseball camp!  Zander spent the rest of the week at Grannie's house, being spoiled!  He got to visit Linville Caverns and a splash pad!
I've enjoyed some evenings out with my girlfriends as we wind down the school year.  We went to dinner to celebrate mine and Angie's birthday the other night!  A story came up about how I was going through some of my grandpa's old historical magazines/newspapers and at the bottom were some playboys!  I was shocked and immediately put them in the recycling bin since I have never encountered magazines like that!  My co-workers were shocked I threw them out.... insisting that they were worth money! haha  So we went dumpster diving to retrieve the magazines.  A friend has them in their possession right now... I didn't want to have them with me any longer and I didn't want to be on the news for selling these! haha
I love naptimes with my boys!  This was last weekend... all cuddled up on the couch after church!
Maddox and Emerson had their last day of preschool on Friday.  This was Maddox's last day ever at preschool as he will start kindergarten in the fall! Emmy has one more year for PreK before she joins us at elementary school!  We are all looking forward to summer before we start back into the school routine!  Maddox had some ice cream on the way home to celebrate!
He also has been talking a lot about this "Mario fishy thing" from CVS!  Daddy made all his dreams come true and purchased it this weekend for him!   He is obsessed with any type of stuffed animal.... he has about 30 in his room!
Grammy, Aunt Lindsey and I had a "girls' getaway" (that is actually what the package we purchased is called) this weekend.  This was an idea about two years ago that we finally brought to fruition!  We thought it would be a great way to celebrate mom's 65th birthday and Mother's Day as we typically have a spa day for Mother's Day.  We drove about 30 minutes away to the Grandover Resort.  Our package included lunch vouchers, a spa treatment (massage), a bottle of champagne, a beautiful room for the night and breakfast vouchers!  We had the best food and enjoyed working out in their fitness center, laying by the pool and just having the opportunity to have uninterrupted conversations!  I feel so incredibly blessed to have both of them all of these years as sounding boards for discussing important decisions and for receiving encouragement when it is so desperately needed!  I know we will be doing this again in the future! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment