Sunday, November 28, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving from the Houstons!

We spent Thanksgiving Day with the Cantrells at John and Ashley's house after watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade at home in our comfy clothes.  Zack was feeling a little under the weather with a recurring sinus infection so he stayed home to hopefully feel better soon!  As you can see below, the boys and I were missing him so we sent him a "sad face" picture!  




On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we always host Thanksgiving for the Bakewells and Kennedys at our house.  We were missing Great Grandma this year but I made sure to cook her broccoli casserole recipe and use the Christmas China she had given me years ago.  We watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation while we waited for the pies to cook and cool!  Zack did most of the cooking, as he does every year!  Check out the yummy spread below.....



Also, catching up from the last couple weeks since our big trip to Florida..... Maddox had a "Friendsgiving" meal at school.  He wore his turkey shirt (which he calls his "chicken" shirt! haha)
We decorated for Christmas!
Linds and I matched for church.  Ironically, our hubbies matched too! haha
I got to grab dinner with friends!  We had to add Anna since she couldn't make it that night.
I took the boys swimming at the indoor pool at the YMCA.

We went bowling as a family.  Maddox was winning after 4 frames and mommy and daddy tied the first game!  Mommy beat all three of her boys in the second game but since Maddox didn't like that he was in last place, he hit a button on the screen before I could capture my win!
We had Ninja Warrior night at church.  The boys loved the obstacle course!  
Burke got some extra cuddles with all of his humans being home a few extra days this week!  I guess the countdown officially begins for Christmas.... I have two very excited boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment