Monday, December 20, 2021

Celebrating Christmas!

I love working in an elementary school at Christmas time!! It is even more special when your own children are there every day to participate in the festivities as we countdown to Christmas!  I was able to help with Maddox's winter celebration on Friday featuring all things "snow"!! I was responsible for the snow-themed snack.... "create your own snowman".... using sugar cookies, icing, sugar crystals and assorted toppings!  Maddox enjoyed covering his snowman with all the toppings! haha

He also made his very own snow globe, snowflake ornament, polar bear bag and puzzle!
Another perk of being at the same school as my boys.... getting pictures from their teachers!  Maddox was enjoying a run during recess one day!  I just love his energy level when he gets to be outside!
Santa came to visit and Carmen sent me a picture of him visiting Maddox's class! :)
I got a picture with Santa too.... I've been on the nice list this year! ;)
We made our way "back home" this past weekend to celebrate Christmas with Zack's side of the family.  I always love this tradition of spending uninterrupted time with all of his relatives!  It also works perfectly to be home for Christmas morning with our boys as Santa comes to visit which makes for a "win-win" holiday season!  Our nephew, Henry, is getting so big and I loved the extra cuddles we got with him!  He loves Uncle Zack a lot as the three boys were chased around Grannie's house and entertained by Uncle Zack/ a.k.a. Daddy for Z & M! ;)
On Saturday we celebrated Cantrell Christmas with Grannie's side of the family!
On Sunday, we celebrate Christmas with PawPaw, Granny V, Uncle Grant and Sib!  
It is safe to say with all the family members we saw this weekend our boys are well-loved and very blessed to have so many people spoiling them!  I am so thankful for each one!  We came home Sunday afternoon to some mail from the North Pole! The boys were pretty excited they are on the nice list this year!! ;)
On Sunday night, we had the candlelight service at our church.  I always love celebrating the true reason for my favorite holiday.... our Savior being born!  I am so thankful that Jesus came as a baby to save us from a punishment we deserved and a debt we couldn't pay.  May we always remember the reason for the season. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment