Monday, December 27, 2021

Merry Christmas 2021!

After the travels of last weekend, we had a pretty "low key" week leading up to Christmas.  The boys had pajama day at school.... and of course, I had to document some of their best friends in their pjs!

I was able to get together with some of my friends.... for a night of merriment and pajamas as well!  My shirt says "most likely to eat Santa's cookies"... the group was unanimous that this particular accolade belonged to me... I do love my sweets! ;)
Prior to Christmas, we fit in a swim at the YMCA pool with the Williams family and I cleaned the house so it was ready for all the holiday gatherings, etc.  We also worked on Jesus' birthday cake and cookies for Santa.  During the day on Christmas Eve, we went to see the new Spiderman movie in the theaters... it is the first movie our family of four has seen in the theaters in two years.  I will have to admit that even prior to that, we had watched very few movies in the theaters due to the kids' ages at the time.  

We spent Christmas Eve at my parents' house.  The kids opened up new artwork for their walls.  I just love the verses that each child got!  Eli is attempting potty training this Christmas break (hence the underwear in his picture... haha) and Emerson lost her first tooth while we were together that evening.  We watched "The Grinch" together after eating delicious food!  
We came home to get ready for Santa!  Carrots for the reindeer and cookies and milk for the big guy! ;)  Santa arrived while we were heading off to bed.  I was reading a book with the boys in Maddox's room when we heard his sleigh bells and what sounded like his sleigh landing on our roof!  Zander offered to sleep in Maddox's room so he wasn't scared... it was so sweet!  We woke up on Christmas morning to see that Santa had come!  The boys got new controllers for the Nintendo Switch, two new games for the system and Pokemon cards along with binders to hold all their trading cards.  The boys were very pleased with their presents!
The Bakewells and Kennedys came over for breakfast on Christmas morning.  After everyone left, we took a short nap and then headed to the local tennis courts to play some tennis (Maddox's request).  We went back to Grammy and Grandpa's for Christmas dinner.  It was definitely hard not having Great Grandma for the Christmas festivities.  It has hit me pretty hard that in the last two years, we have lost a whole generation on my dad's side of the family.  This has forced me to attempt to be more present and enjoy the time with family and friends that are still here.  I am equally thankful that Christmas is about celebrating Christ's birth... a reminder that a baby came to save the world, to give us hope and a future!

Isaiah 9:6:  For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Jeremiah 29:11:  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.





No comments:

Post a Comment