Monday, January 3, 2022

Happy New Year 2022!

The Houstons had a fairly quiet week between Christmas and New Year's Day.  We always love the ability to have a "staycation" while Zack is off work and we aren't in school.  On Sunday, I took down the Christmas tree.  On Monday, Zack and I had a "day date" where we spent most of the day cleaning out closets that haven't been touched in the 13 years we have lived in our house.  We did fit in a lunch date at East Coast Wings in between all the work being done.  On Tuesday, we went to Stone Mountain for a hike with all the boys, Burke included!


On Wednesday, we took the boys to the pool at the YMCA and alternated swimming with the kids and getting a 30-minute workout in.  I went to dinner on Wednesday night with some of my co-workers who have the same instructional facilitator job at the neighboring schools.  It was so nice to see them outside of our work commitments.  On Thursday, we took it easy at the house while Zack vacuumed and shampooed all of our carpets!  On Friday, we grabbed lunch at 66 Pizzeria in between Zack getting the grass cut and our outside Christmas lights taken down.  We had friends come over for our annual New Year's Eve celebration.  We partied until about 9:30 p.m.! haha!  We missed the Kennedys who were on their way back from watching Wake Forest win their bowl game in Jacksonville, FL.  
We had our traditional pork and sauerkraut at Grammy and Grandpa's on New Year's Day and enjoyed some time with family before we head back to school and work this week!  It was a great Christmas break filled with productivity and rest!  I enjoyed having this guy home more than he typically is... it was so nice to share the parenting duties and sometimes have moments without parenting duties. ;)  We are testing out his new selfie stick he got for this phone in these pictures below....

I somehow managed to keep up my running pace throughout 2021 and finished out the year with running at least 1,000 miles for 2021.  I am noticing my motivation to run is dwindling so I hope to find other exercise alternatives in 2022 so I can continue to love running like I used to, just with less frequency. ;)


I guess we are officially in 2022.... so let's do this!!  I can't wait to see what this year has in store for the Houstons! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment