Saturday, January 8, 2022

A few firsts!

We woke up Monday morning (January 3rd) to our first snow of 2022.  It wasn't much but the boys were so excited to get all of their snow gear on and head outside for a bit.  They liked collecting the snow while we took Burke for a walk, hoping to make a sizeable snowman for the front yard! haha

For the first time (since probably having Zander), I decided to take a bath!  I used a bath bomb, some foaming bath bubbles and topped it off with an adult beverage!  I sent my sister a text saying, "who am I right now?" I definitely enjoyed relaxing for a bit in the tub while Zack took the boys to basketball practice!  Maybe it will happen more often than once a decade! haha

We are starting to be back in the school routine which means I give you the "first" selfie by Maddox while he waits for the bell to ring!  He loves entertaining himself with mommy's phone while he counts down for the start of school some mornings! haha
Linds and I had our "first" cold run of 2022!  Last Saturday, I ran in shorts and a t-shirt and this morning required a few extra layers!  I love getting to spend time with my sister, no matter the weather!
The boys had their first ever basketball games today!  After trying baseball and soccer, they are giving basketball a try during the winter months.  I will say the weather for this sport is a lot better than some of the outdoor games I have attended for baseball and soccer! haha  It was so fun watching them hustle up and down the court, in the action of every play.  Maddox even contributed some points to his team's score (which his age doesn't keep score but you know what I mean! haha)  Emerson and Maddox are on the same team based on their ages and Maddox is pretty excited he has his Uncle Boomer as his coach.  I love watching the three kids on a Saturday morning with the rest of my family!  It made for a great Saturday!

This week we also had our first "work from home" day due to the inclement weather mentioned above.  Fortunately, the boys didn't have school online.  It was a workday for mommy which meant that I spent most of the day on the computer in online meetings/trainings and trying to knock out some of the back-to-school to-do list before kids came back into the building the next day.  It reminded me of all those days that the boys and I worked from home in the spring of 2020.  This particular day provided a lot of technology time for them and not much academic learning.  I'm praying we stay healthy in 2022 so these work from home days are few and far between... although we have a four-legged pup that enjoyed the extra time with his family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment