Sunday, January 30, 2022

Working our Way Through Winter!

 I will be honest.  The month of January is not typically my favorite month of the year.  It gets dark so early in the evenings and it is so cold outside, making it hard for our boys to enjoy the outdoor activities that help get their endless energy out!  We have had snow the last three weekends.  The first snowy weekend, we were able to enjoy the winter weather while up in the mountains.  The last two weekends, the snow has been just enough to cancel basketball games and other plans that require commutes.  So, we just continue to work at school Monday through Friday, enjoy some family time on Saturdays and then spend time at our church on Sundays at our morning and evening services.  The weeks have gone smoothly enough.  It's just my summer-loving personality and my Florida roots make the winters hard to enjoy! haha  So here is what we have been up to in the last couple weeks!

Burke got a bath which is a normal occurrence.  However, I feel that each time we bathe him, he enjoys it less and less, giving me the saddest eyes while we attempt to get him clean! haha  Prayers are appreciated for him tomorrow.  He will have an abdominal ultrasound to determine what is keeping him up at night, drinking a lot of water throughout the day and causing him to have dropped some weight in the last couple years.

We had the 90th day of school and we dressed from the 90s!  I have to say I LOVED this decade growing up!  Who wouldn't love and cherish the decade where you were still living at home with your parents, enjoying the teenage years and all the fun that high school has to offer!?
Zack and I had a date night to celebrate our 17th dating anniversary.... I am at the point where I will find any excuse to get a date night in! haha  Ironically, our first date was on a Saturday and we got snow.  This year was no different!  Snow came again on this significant date in our lives. 
Linds and I fit in our weekly 8 mile run on a Friday afternoon due to the snow predictions that were coming Friday evening.  We could not have planned it more perfectly!! It started to rain (sleet?) as we finished up the last mile!  It took a lot of planning to execute this Friday afternoon run:  getting off work as soon as possible, Grammy and Grandpa watching all the grandkids and having enough daylight to make it happen before the winter weather arrived!  It takes a village and I continue to be thankful for mine!!
I took the boys out for dinner a couple nights last week.  Mommy was on the struggle bus after having a week off of school due to snow the week before.  Now we were back into the daily school routine which meant early mornings and rushing around until our heads hit the pillow at night.  I enjoyed these dinners with my boys as daddy had to work late.  Maddox continues to make me smile, saying the most exciting place he has gone is Disney World, asking if he could go back for his next birthday! haha
We also fit in haircuts!  They have class pictures in the next week or so which meant we were opportunistic one day to get their hair looking good for the upcoming pictures. ;)  Somehow Maddox got cut by the razor while the barber was cutting his hair.  The barber swears M didn't move a bit and of course M was a champ about the whole thing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment