Sunday, April 3, 2022

15th Half Marathon!

If my calculations are correct, yesterday I ran in my 15th half marathon!  It was a beautiful day for a long run, and we had the best fan club in town cheering us on at the 5-mile and 9-mile mark!  This course contained two very challenging hills where you were pretty much increasing the elevation for a mile (the first big hill) and two miles (the last big hill and final two miles of the race).  Linds and I persevered and finished our annual half marathon with pretty good times!  I think both of us are excited that we only do this once a year and we have a reprieve for a few months before we need to start thinking about 2023!  I somehow managed to place first in my age group.  I am somewhat in shock that as I'm getting older, it appears, at times, I am getting faster!  I'll take the 1:55:46 time with an overall 8:50 pace for this 13.1 miler!  Now on to the next sport.... cheering on our boys as they start baseball games this week!



Also, this week, we celebrated Wanda's birthday by renting out a fire truck and driving around downtown Winston for the evening.  We were supposed to be celebrating Anna's birthday too, but she wasn't feeling well and had to take a raincheck!
We were at the ball field three nights this week, fitting in the last week of practice before the season officially starts tomorrow.  One night of practice was rained out or we would have been there four nights which looks to be the schedule the next two months of baseball!  On the night that we didn't have baseball due to weather, we were able to go as a family and watch Zander perform in his first ever chorus performance at school.  Our music teacher typically has students perform multiple times in their elementary career but with Covid, this was our first school performance in two years.  
Maddox also had a field trip this week!  I love that my co-workers can snap pictures of our boy having fun!  It is one of the many perks of working at the same school as our boys! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment