Saturday, June 11, 2022

School's Out for Summer!

First, I give you the traditional "last day of school" pictures along with some comparison pictures to the first day of school back in August.  These boys have grown in length and in their understanding of new concepts! I'm so proud of how they have matured this year, and I'm looking forward to the only summer I will have a rising 1st grader and rising 4th grader!  I plan to soak it all up! :)




In the last couple weeks, we have finished out the boys' baseball seasons!  Both teams went pretty far in the tournament!  Z's team lost in a close game in the bottom of the last inning by one run!  M's team went all the way and won the championship with a 16-0 record.  He kept telling everyone at school that his team is "undefeatable".  It was a lot of fun watching these boys on the ballfield this spring.  We were equally excited to have some free evenings as we finished out the school year!
Before the final baseball games, we were able to watch our sweet Emmy graduate from preschool!   I am so excited to have her with me next year for kindergarten!!!
Last weekend, we fit in our annual mother-daughter spa day!  It was so relaxing, and I loved being able to chat around the pool and eat a delicious burger poolside! ;)  After the leisurely day, we met up with Dad to see the new Top Gun movie, Maverick.  Having grown up listening to the soundtrack on all of our road trips, it was fun to take a trip down memory lane with the ones who have been in my memories from the very beginning!  It was a Bakewell day from start to finish! :)

Zack sent me pictures of our three boys while I was gone.... I think they enjoyed their "boys' day" as well!

We went to the pool two afternoons/evenings this week!  The boys are little fish in the water and are enjoying seeing some of their school friends at the pool!
I got to see Z at his wax museum this week.  A perk of working at the school where he attends is that I can stop in when they have fun projects going on!  He researched Serena Williams!

I got to babysit Emmy and Eli on Wednesday night!  They got ice cream with M & M's for dessert.... I think I scored bonus points for that and cuddle time before bed! :)

Zander had his award's day breakfast this week.  He got awards for A/B Honor Roll, the Mathematician Award for scoring a Level 5 (the highest score) on his math EOG, Most Improved in Reading (he has made tremendous progress in this area and even likes reading now... haha!) and Multiplication Master since he knocked out all of his multiplication facts before Christmas break! I am so proud of how hard he worked and how much he loves school!  He is also a really good friend that is kind to others and I am so proud of how he seeks to include others inside and outside of the classroom!
Maddox also had his kindergarten celebration on the same day.  I moved from one party to another! :)  He said his favorite part of kindergarten was using the water squirters at field day!  He loves his teachers and has learned so much this year! I am especially proud of how he has matured with his behavior this year.  He is less impulsive and more compassionate toward others.  He is a really good friend to his classmates and has already said he will miss school over the summer!  He has such a tender heart!
Here is Z with some of this closest friends on the last day of school!
Now that school is out, the boys are coming with me for work until mommy is officially on summer break!  So far, they have done a great job entertaining themselves by working in an academic workbook, playing on their technology devices or playing games in the gym.  I am so proud of them for being able to follow directions and allow mommy to work.  I guess it's "bring your kids to work" for a few more days until we are all officially on summer break! Stay tuned for our summer break posts... we have some fun adventures planned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment