Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day Weekend!

I am so thankful for those that sacrificed it all and fought for the freedoms we have today.  I am thankful that because of their service I was able to spend time with family and friends on this long weekend.  We started out the weekend with a letter from school that said Zander passed his reading EOG.  We weren't surprised, although it looks like he was! haha  He has worked so hard in third grade and I have been so proud of how much he has grown as a reader this year!  He will take his math EOG tomorrow!

Linds and I fit in our long run for the week on the "dreadmill".  Eight miles on that thing is not for the faint of heart!  Boomer was at graduation and Linds took advantage of the "childwatch" so we could fit in the weekly run.  Zack offered to watch all four kids, and next time I think we will take him up on his offer.  After our run, we took care of her financial obligations for the beach trip so we are officially paid up and ready to head to the beach later in the summer!  I love how the two kids posed for this picture without any prompting! haha

Two days this weekend, we made our way to the local track and field so the boys could play some baseball, tennis and kickball while daddy got in a run.  Burke joined the first day and opted to stay in the air conditioning the second time.  On Friday night, we also fit in a competitive kickball game between the parents and the kids and then we changed up the teams to have one parent and one child vs. the other parent and child!  It was a fun weekend for outdoor activities!
On Sunday, we headed "back home" to see family.  We went to church with Grannie and then ate lunch at her house with GranDan.  After lunch, we headed to the mountain house to see Granny V and PawPaw.  We played ping pong and pool in the game room, and I think we wore out the boys for the drive back!

I slept in until 7:44 this morning and it had to be documented!  While Zack was making a big breakfast, he snapped this photo of me and my pup!  Even when we have date nights, I never sleep this late!  I think I have worn myself out with work, baseball and parenting over the last few months! haha
After a delicious breakfast, the boys and I went for a bike ride and run before the day heated up.  After some time at the track and field down the street, we made our way to the pool for our first visit of the season!  Zander got his green band again this year and Maddox swam for a yellow band again!  Maddox was so close to getting the coveted green band.... he was able to swim the distance to the lifeguard stand and tread water for 30 seconds.  He ran out of stamina to complete the backstroke for the distance back to the side.  I told him after swimming around throughout the summer, he will get that green band before we know it!

In other events, I went over to Lindsey's to watch the series finale of This is Us. It has been a favorite show of ours for the last six years and I'm sad that it is over! It was fun watching the finale live rather than waiting a day to watch it like I typically do!
We also found our way to the ball field last week in between some pretty bad rainstorms.  I can't believe how big Maddox looks when he is up at the plate while batting or catching! 

We had "tourist day" this week.... we tried to match the theme!
Madman continues to live up to his nickname.  This time he ran into a door frame and gave himself a pretty large goose egg which has turned into a nice looking bruise.  We iced it for about 30 minutes last Sunday night while reading to him.  This definitely helped with the swelling and you can see our pup was right there to comfort him as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment