Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year 2023!

We made it to 2023!! We had our annual gathering at our house as we counted down until the new year.  Each year, we stay up a little later!  Zander actually made it up with me to midnight this year.  We watched the ball drop through a LIVE feed on my phone.  I think all 8 kids had a lot of fun and the parents did as well! ;) 



Also, this week I was able to see some of my childhood friends (Houston and DT) and youth minister (Eddy) while celebrating Houston's 40th birthday.  We have been friends since 4th grade and his birthday is a good reminder that my milestone birthday is just around the corner now that we are officially in 2023!


This week, we have enjoyed some family time since daddy has been off work as well!  We went swimming at the indoor pool, conducted science experiments, read books, assembled puzzles, played games, enjoyed some Nerf battles and played new games on the Nintendo Switch.  We timed our family adventures around getting a recall taken care of in my car and some required maintenance for Zack's car.  Our big outing for the week was heading up to Stone Mountain for a family hike.  Burke enjoyed being with his family exploring the mountain.  He definitely needed a few days to recover after the strenuous hike for a 13 year old pup!  







Linds and I fit in our last run of 2022 on New Year's Eve.  This run got me to 1,060 miles for the year!  This is four miles more than last year's runs.  So crazy!  Every year I say I will taper off this larger distance but I find myself still pushing to see if I can reach the goal. As I approach my 40th birthday, I know my hips and knees will thank me by opting for some elliptical workouts over the outdoor runs.  That will be the plan heading into 2023.  Linds and I have signed up for our annual half marathon in April so there will still be some runs to prepare me to that yearly race but also more leg-friendly workouts as well! haha



On New Year's Eve, we also went to the local Auto Museum.  It was fun having Grandpa and Grammy talk about cars they recognized from their early years.  It was a great rainy day activity to finish out 2022.  
We head back to school and work this week!  As we head into a new year, I pray that God will continue to have my focus be on His will and plans for my life.  I pray I will take each day as it comes and experience less anxiety with what might or might not happen next.  We have a big year ahead with some fun plans we are looking forward to.  I am also excited to see the plans God has in store for our family that aren't even on our radar yet! ;)

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."
- Hebrews 10:23

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." - Isaiah 43:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment