Monday, March 11, 2024

A Wet 13.1

It has been wet!  Of course we wanted snow but that elusive snow never arrived.  Instead we have had wet conditions for all of our outdoor activities lately! Maddox and I were huddled under my umbrella at Zander's soccer game on Friday night.  

Zander had a field trip to the local bowling alley.  A friend sent me this picture of my 5th grader!
On Saturday, the "sweaty sisters" ran our annual half marathon!  Given how busy the spring schedule is for Lindsey and me, we are glad to have knocked out our 13.1 mile race before the craziness of spring sports is in full swing!  The conditions were pouring rain and temperatures in the 40s.  Needless to say, this was probably one of the worst weather days for our yearly half marathon!  We were missing our cheering section but gave them a pass considering the weather conditions!  My best friend, Carmen, ran the race as well!  She came in first for our age group and I came in 2nd a few minutes behind her (1:54:05 overall time with a 8:42 pace).  Linds came in 3rd for her younger age group!  This was my first race moving up to the 40-49 year old bracket.... and my first race since my milestone birthday! I was excited about my time especially considering the weather and my "advanced" age! haha
After the race (and a quick shower), we headed to cheer on Zander for a second soccer game of the weekend and then to cheer on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons in basketball.  It was great weekend with my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment