Sunday, November 18, 2012

18 Weeks

Well..... it is official...... I have developed a "baby bump".  For weeks, I have been saying to Zack "Look..... my belly is really starting to grow", and he doesn't say very much.  However, at the 18 week mark, he said to me "You really do look pregnant!"  And by the way he said it, I didn't know if I should take it as a compliment or not..... but I am choosing to!  My sister also noticed the developing bump on the same day (Friday, Nov. 16th).  While most people that don't know I am pregnant would just say I have been eating too many sweets and putting on a little weight, I got excited when the people that I love the most actually noticed the "baby bump".  Apparently at this point, the baby is about the size of a bell pepper and weighs approximately 7 ounces.  We have decided to start the "belly" pictures..... here is the first one at 18 weeks.  (This picture was taken in our newly painted bonus room.) 


As far as other news, Zack and I started a baby registry yesterday at BabiesRUs.  We are definitely overwhelmed by the things a baby needs and all the brands of the same item.  We simply registered for the crib, bedding, stroller, and car seat.  That was all we could handle for that day!  Fortunately, I have a friend who said she would go with me to help me register for the items a baby truly needs, and I will wait for her to give me guidance.  We don't know yet if we are having a boy or a girl so we kept the bedding and stroller selections gender neutral (so they can be used in the future if this child has a sibling one day).

For household projects, Zack finished painting the bonus room, and we will be moving the guest room furniture into that room today so we have a "clean slate" for the baby's nursery.  The nursery will be the next project.

We went camping Friday night with some close friends in temperatures that were in the low 30s.  We had a blast cooking dinner, dessert, and breakfast over a fire.  However, I don't recommend camping in a tent with such cold temperatures or when you are 18 weeks pregnant.  I had to get up a few times to use the restroom which was an outhouse.  What an adventure!!! :)  Memories were definitely made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment