Thursday, November 8, 2012

November 8, 2012

So..... I have been thinking for a few weeks now how I could document the important events of the Houstons where family and friends that are near and far could be updated on the latest happenings.  I am trying out a blog! 

For those of you that are not aware, Zack and I are expecting our first child in April.  We are trying to prepare our house for a new baby and prepare ourselves for being parents!  We have a precious three year old beagle, Burke, that we claim as our four-legged child, but I have the feeling that the baby that is growing inside of me will change the dynamics of the Houston Household!



We told our parents and siblings about the new baby by dressing up our beagle in a "I'm going to be a Big Brother" shirt.  Their faces were priceless as they realized we were talking about an actual human and not another four-legged companion. 

I am currently 17 weeks pregnant, and today was certainly an interesting day.  I couldn't fit into a pair of pants that I have worn for years!  So I used a "belly band" to keep the pants up as I rushed off to work.  Friends have been so nice to share their clothes and advice with me as I am entering very unfamiliar territory!  It is difficult to imagine that my belly will continue to grow from now until the due date.  How crazy is the miracle of life?! 

We will find out if we are having a boy or a girl on November 26th.  I am so very excited about this date!  I feel I can start to plan and purchase things the baby will need once I have an idea what gender we are having.  Zack and I are both excited about the possibility of having a boy OR a girl!  We have been praying daily for a healthy baby, and we will continue to make this our prayer. 

I will keep you updated as we find out more and do more to prepare for Baby Houston!  

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy!!! I love blogs and I can't WAIT to follow yours! xoxo

    ReplyDelete