Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Weekend in Charlotte

What a week/weekend it has been?!  The week at work has been EXTREMELY busy!!  It makes me wonder how I will juggle all the work responsibilities and family responsibilities once Baby Houston arrives.  I know many moms have done a wonderful job of balancing all this in the past... I plan to take notes from them and take it one day at a time!  This past Thursday night, Zack and I toured the hospital where we will have our baby boy.  It was fun moving from room to room with other expectant mothers and looking at their faces as the nurse who was giving the tour showed us the labor and delivery space.  I think all of us were thinking the same thing..... the next time we are in a room like this..... we will be giving birth to a child.  A child who will become part of our families.  There is so much uncertainty with the actual delivery process, but Zack and I are praying daily for a healthy delivery where mom, dad, and baby are okay.



I am now officially 30 weeks, which means that there are 10 weeks until my due date!  Three-fourths of the way there!  On Saturday morning, I woke up early to go to a huge consignment sale they have in High Point each year.  My mom and dad went with me, and it was overwhelming to see all the baby items and clothing they had available for purchase.  I think that once "Thunderbolt" arrives, it will be easier to see what we need for him.  At this point, I purchased some onesies, a maternity top, and a diaper bag.  My mom and dad did a great job getting a few things that they can keep at their house for when we visit.  I think my mom was more excited about the sale than I was.  She came with a list of essential items that grandma needs to keep at her place and was able to check everything off that list.  So while Thunderbolt might not have sleeping accommodations (ex: a crib) at his permanent residence, he definitely has a place where he can take a vacation.  ;)  P.S.  Zack and I are looking into purchasing a crib in the next couple weeks.

After the sale, Zack and I headed to Charlotte to see family and friends and catch a 49ers basketball game.  We were able to grab lunch with Cousin Wade, walk around campus, check out the new football field, and grab dinner with one of our former youth who is a junior at UNCC this year.  It was an action-packed day, but well worth every minute of it!








Austin, a junior at UNCC and a youth group member at FABC, was able to sit with us for the game.:)

Sunday morning we were able to grab breakfast with one of Zack's best friends, Jason, before heading home.  We are grabbing dinner tonight with Linds and Boom before starting the work week.  This upcoming week is sure to be another adventure.  



No comments:

Post a Comment