Friday, February 1, 2013

"Mrs. Houston.... you're getting BIG!"

Well.... if I didn't already think I was growing in size, it is easy to rely on the words of a fourth grader to ensure you are seeing things clearly.  I was walking down the hall at school the other day, and one of my students stopped me in the hall to "enlighten" me on her observation..... I was in fact getting bigger!  It was the way she said it that made me feel like I must be in the last trimester of my pregnancy.  Random strangers are also noticing I am pregnant.  When I was checking out at the grocery store last week, the gentleman behind the cash register offered to carry my bags out.  When I told him I could handle it, he reminded me that he doesn't carry rubber gloves and hot water if I should go into labor on my way to the car.  I told him that I had a couple more months before we had to worry about that.  It was nice of him to offer to help me though.  You can see from the last two weeks of pictures I am including that it is noticeable that I am "with child".

One more picture from the youth-staff basketball game... check out Zack's "bun in the oven"

28 weeks


29 weeks




Zack was in Nashville this past week for a business trip.  It is wonderful having him home now.  The other night I was feeling like I needed to take a walk around the house to stretch my legs in the middle of the night.  I had to carry my cell phone with me (just in case) since Zack wasn't home if I had any issues.  It feels better to know he is within "shouting" distance as we get closer to the due date. 

Thunderbolt has been kicking a lot this week.  For the first time, I have been able to see my stomach move from the outside as Thunderbolt changes positions.  It is crazy to imagine what he is doing all day and night.  He has been moving in the night (and waking me up) and keeping me entertained during the day at work.  I will be busy with a project, and he gives me a little nudge as if to say "hey there, I will see you soon!"  I am loving this part of the pregnancy.  I have been told this is the part I will miss the most after the baby arrives so I am trying to savor each movement (even if some are uncomfortable at times). 

I had a doctor's appointment this week, and they did the glucose test.  I picked the orange flavor drink (I had been told it was better).  I haven't heard yet the results of the test... I am thinking no news is good news.  I continue to enjoy eating ANYTHING I want!  haha  Thunderbolt's heartbeat is 146 bpm.  The nurse had a hard time getting a steady heartbeat because the baby was moving around so much (probably from the sugary drink I had prior to the appointment).   I have gained a healthy 20 pounds......which is always interesting to think about.  Thunderbolt is approximately 3 pounds at this time..... what is all the other weight gain from?! ;)  He is considered to be the size of a butternut squash at 29 weeks so I will continue to nourish this cute lil' "squash" until he joins us!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love reading your updates! Especially the one where I am mentioned! Lol! You look wonderful. I can't wait to meet little Bolt! You and Zack are going to be wonderful parents. You will love being a mother. It is the best thing in the world! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete