Saturday, January 26, 2013

7 months down, Less than 3 to go!

What a week it has been!  I have been dealing with some sort of head cold while also being 28 weeks pregnant.  I have not been able to sleep for the last four nights consistently.... you know those nights when you see every hour on the clock?!.......that is the week I have had!  I think the head cold by itself would have been enough but add to that my growing size, and I am just not able to get comfortable when I sleep.  I told Zack this morning before he headed off to work that I might need to invest in a SECOND body pillow so I can wedge one behind my back and have one to hug for my stomach and legs.  I know he is really excited about the potential of adding another large pillow to our bed.  Before long, he might only get a corner of the bed to sleep on. ;)

Other than that, the week has been pretty normal.  We were able to leave work early yesterday because of the ice that came through about 1:00 p.m.  I laid on the couch watching episodes of "Psych" that our friends, Chris and Bri, had given to us!  The show is so funny, and it felt wonderful to come home early and put some comfy clothes on.

Zack finished painting the dresser last weekend, and we moved it upstairs on Sunday.  Here are some before and after pictures.  The pictures don't do the dresser justice...... I am so impressed with the final product.  I have already lined the drawers with shelf paper and placed the clean baby clothes I have received in the drawers.

Before

After


You can also see that we have unpacked the travel system so we have the stroller and car seat ready to go.  We will wait a little longer before putting the car seat in the car.  :)

This week, I have arranged a hospital tour for February 7th so we know where to go when Baby Houston decides he is ready to greet the world.  Also, I met with someone who does at home childcare.  I am really excited about this opportunity.  She seems very knowledgeable and experienced, and I like that it is a small group of children of varying ages (Baby Houston would be the youngest with a 1 year old and 4 year old).  The house is about 15 minutes from our house and very convenient to get to work.  My friend from work recommended her, and my friend's one year old also goes to this person.  A personal recommendation means so much!  These are the toughest decisions..... where will my child go while I am at work?..... I feel very good about this opportunity.

And for your viewing pleasure..... here are some pictures from last weekend's youth activities.

Trevor thought that Tex and Shirley's was a jewelry store rather than a restaurant so we kept joking him that the commercial should say, "He went to Tex and Shirley's" rather than "He went to Jared's".  I am somewhat mocking him in this picture. ;)


Tex and Shirley's is a restaurant....... as you can see from the picture below.  We had the best breakfast.  I had pineapple pancakes, and the waiter gave us FREE bacon! :)


Below we are testing out Just Dance 2 on the Wii.  My favorite song to dance to is "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne.  The boys are dancing to that song in this picture!  


We also had an intense ping pong tournament......I lost in the first round!


Finally, here is my coaching attire from the youth-staff basketball game on Sunday night.  The youth lost by 1 point, but I was very proud of the determination and heart that each of the players had.  We had about 20 youth that were playing..... the trickiest part for me was making sure I substituted everyone in so they had the same amount of playing time.  Our friend, Chris, (in the background) is making fun of "Preg Meg".  ;)  My brother in law, Boomer, let me borrow his jersey for the event!

2 comments:

  1. 1. I hope you feel better soon! 2. There are so many reasons why we are friends...but the fact that you love How I Met Your Mother & Psych just added to the list of reasons we were meant to be friends haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT IS Genuinely Very Useful FOR ME.I LIKE YOUR Put up Simply because IT IS Very Useful FOR ME AS Effectively. HOPING THE Exact same Best Operate IN THE UP COMING Times ALSO. THANK YOU!
    gold buyers Houston
    gold buyers in Houston

    ReplyDelete