Friday, January 18, 2013

Baby Houston's First Snow

"Its SNOWING!!!"  I have always loved hearing that phrase! Growing up, I would get so excited when I saw a few flurries before I went to bed.  Imagine how excited I got the next morning when our yard and neighborhood would be covered in snow, and my parents would say "no school today!"  I remember the first winter I lived in North Carolina after moving from Florida, we didn't have sleds and other winter weather gear yet.  We used pool rafts as we made a path going down the back hill of our yard.  There is something about having the day off from school and feeling like you have no where to be but enjoying the winter weather.  

Even as an adult, I still get excited about the thought of a snow day.  And last night was no different!  We met my sister and brother in law for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, and when we left the parking lot to head home, there was snow sticking to the road, the sidewalks, and the grass.  Not long after, we heard that we didn't have school today.  Zack was supposed to be at a meeting for work that was also cancelled so we have enjoyed a day around the house.  When I say "enjoyed", that might be an exaggeration.  I decided I would go ahead and clean the house and wash some of the baby clothes we have already received.  They will be ready to be put in the dresser once Zack finishes it, and I am able to put shelf paper in the drawers.  Zack helped me with the cleaning today, and we are going to attempt to put together our travel system that we got for Christmas from Zack's mom sometime later today.  

We took a break and enjoyed the snow for a bit.  Zack refused to be in a picture, but I think he likes our new camera so much that he now likes to take action shots (some of these action shots were included in our Savannah trip from an earlier post).  As you know, I am not really up for "candid" shots.... I always prefer to be smiling when I have a picture taken..... but this has been quite entertaining to Zack so I am including a few.  Even though Baby Houston has a few more months until his arrival, we like to think that he enjoyed his first snow with his mommy, daddy, and favorite pup, Burke. 




 27 Weeks Today..... Third Trimester Here I Come!




This weekend I was supposed to be chaperoning a youth retreat in Boone.  They received about 8 inches of snow at the place we were planning to stay so instead we are having a local youth retreat tomorrow where we will be able to go bowling, maybe catch a movie, and definitely have a game night.  I think we will be eating some delicious food as well!  On Sunday, we have an annual youth-staff basketball game.  Typically, I play on the staff team against the youth since we help out in Sunday School, etc.  This year, I will be coaching the youth team.  It should be interesting..... considering I don't have much in-depth knowledge of basketball!  Stay tuned!

Baby "Thunderbolt" Houston has been very active the last two or three days. He woke me up in the middle of the night for the first time with a kick or a punch or something.  I am loving that I can feel him move and that Zack is able to feel him move as well!  We continue to pray for a healthy baby who will arrive in April!

1 comment: