Friday, January 11, 2013

Friends

I am so thankful for my friends.  They have been calling to check on me or texting me to see how "Thunderbolt" aka Baby Houston is doing.  Some of you have been sending comments through this blog and lifting my spirits when I hear just a few words from you!  Also, I have been able to borrow many of my maternity clothes from my friends.  I received clothes from one of my best friends that I have known since elementary school, one of my best friends from college, two friends from church, and a friend from work.  I have looked so "fashionable" through this whole experience thanks to these friends, and I have been able to save tons of money on these clothes!  So far I have been able to alternate outfits so that I am not wearing the same pants or same shirt multiple times in a week! I have heard that it might get to that point towards the end when it is difficult to find things that fit.  My friend from work also gave me a HUGE bag of boy clothes for the early months.  She has a little boy that was born in August so she is handing me down all the clothes that her son has already outgrown.  I just want to say thank you to these friends.  You know who you are, and I appreciate your generosity and kindness.  You have made the pregnancy so much more enjoyable through your words of advice and sharing of your belongings. 

Picture at 26 Weeks (shirt from Lindsey and pants from Kim) :)


A funny story:  one friend made me laugh out loud a couple days ago with her email.  She absolutely loves Dr. Seuss, and she knew that my sister is planning on throwing me a baby shower on Dr. Seuss' birthday.  Now, if you know my friend Ashley, she loves anything Dr. Seuss and probably has every costume ever created for a Dr. Seuss character.  She wanted to know if the shower could be a Dr. Seuss themed shower.  I had to "break the news" to her that this shower would probably not have a theme other than "ITS A BOY", but if we were doing costumes I would send everyone to see her.  What I love most about Ashley is that she finds humor and joy in the little things.  If you are reading this blog, please say a prayer for her family at this time.  Her oldest son, Cutter, has been dealing with seizures from a very young age.  And now at the age of 3, he will be having brain surgery to help correct the occurrence of these seizures.  The surgery was originally scheduled for this week, but due to Cutter having the flu, the first surgery is rescheduled for March 13th.   Thank you for your prayers!  P.S.  Happy Birthday Ashley!  (She turns the BIG 3-0 on Monday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment