Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Burkemont Baby Shower

Zack and I are getting things done as we approach and pass the 32 week mark.  This means that in less than 8 weeks, my due date will be here!  I am hoping that Thunderbolt decides to arrive around his due date.  I have heard stories of babies deciding to stay in their mother's womb for up to two weeks past this date.  I am praying that Baby Houston is not one of these babies.  However, each week, I get excited that he continues to grow on schedule inside mommy's belly.  We definitely don't want him to come too early either.  We are praying for God's timing for Thunderbolt's arrival. 

We were able to order and pick up our crib this past week, and Zack worked to put the crib together the night we picked it up.  I am going to purchase the mattress sometime soon so this part of the nursery can feel complete.  With the addition of the crib, it is really starting to look like Baby Houston has a room he can call his own.


We went this past weekend for one last visit to Morganton to see family and friends before I am no longer able to travel far from home.  I am making one more trip this direction in two weeks to throw one of my best friends a baby shower (she is due three weeks after me and is having a boy as well!).  It is so special to be celebrating this time with her.  While in Morganton, we were able to see both of our families.  We were spoiled by having them cook amazing food for us all weekend, and my home church where I grew up threw a baby shower for us on Saturday.  We had about 30 people come to wish us well and shower us with love and gifts for Baby Houston.  It is amazing to see the support that Zack and I have from people who have watched us grow into the adults we are today.  I am humbled by all of these people and their continuous generosity as we approach another significant milestone- becoming parents.  We got so many cute clothes, blankets, books, diapers, wipes, and all the other things a baby needs and could ever possibly want.  We are truly blessed.

An outfit, shoes, and Precious Moments Book from "Grammy" Bakewell
A hand-made blanket from "Grannie" Houston
Cousin Wade putting his "congratulations" on the dry-erase board in the youth parlor
 Some of our amazing presents
 The Cantrells and Houstons
 The Bakewell/Houston/Kennedy Girls
 Soon to be Mom and Dad with Grannie and Grammy
 Great-Grandma Nancy (a.k.a. Grams)

One of my best friends, Ashley, came to visit for the afternoon on Saturday.  She has two boys of her own so she is constantly sending me messages with important information regarding being a "mom".  I love getting her texts or cards with encouragement as we are approaching this exciting time in our lives.  I can't wait for my little boy to meet her two precious children.  I think they will be close friends and undoubtably get into some sort of mischief while playing together in the upcoming years.  She dropped off a diaper kit that I can keep downstairs when I don't want to take Thunderbolt upstairs to the changing table.  She also gave me "The Cat in the Hat" book, stuffed animal, and Dr. Seuss onesie (she truly is obsessed with Dr. Seuss!).  While she was in town, she took some maternity pictures of Zack and me.  She is such a great photographer and made the time fun and enjoyable (especially for Zack who is not a huge fan of pictures!).  More to come soon......

1 comment:

  1. So exciting to hear about your time in Morganton! Can't wait to see the maternity pictures! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete