Sunday, March 3, 2013

Kernersville Shower

First, a story from work this week........ I was teaching a lesson in a 1st grade class one morning this week.  That afternoon, as I was helping out with buses, one of the students that I saw that morning said to me, "Mrs. Houston, what happened to your belly?!"  I responded, "I am having a baby".  Then she proceeded to say "OHHHHHHHHH".  The funny thing about this is that it appears she did not notice my pregnancy earlier in the day but in the afternoon light as the buses were being loaded, it became clear that my stomach had grown.  My assistant principal followed up the incident by saying, "I have been told that black is slimming" (since I had on black that day).  I am still baffled at how I could hide the 33 week old baby bump from a first grader only to have her notice this growing belly later the same day!  There is NEVER a dull moment in an elementary school! 
 
Moving on...... we have the crib set up in the nursery with the mattress and fitted sheet in its place.  For some reason, this one item on our "to do" list has made me feel like we are getting ready for Baby Houston's arrival, and he is coming VERY soon.  We decided to have our beagle, Burke, test out the new crib.....as you can tell from the picture, he is not a fan!  But.... he was a good sport about the whole thing!
 
 
This Saturday, Zack and I went to a breastfeeding class.  For those of you that are reading this and don't have children yet, I would advise letting the husband stay home for this "training".  I think that these were three hours that Zack wishes he could have back!  I learned a great deal at the class, but still feel like nothing will prepare me for this new adventure.  I have to wait for Thunderbolt to arrive, and we will have to take it from there!
 
After the morning we had, it was definitely fun to have a baby shower planned for the afternoon.  My sister wanted to host a shower at her house so I invited some of my dearest friends and family members to join in the fun.  My sister did an awesome job with the hostess responsibilities.  The food was delicious and the atmosphere was PERFECT!  Liz made the most delicious cake pops to go with the yummy spread!  We got so many wonderful things for the baby, and it was just a perfectly wonderful afternoon with some amazing ladies (and a handsome almost four-year-old and super cute one-year-old).  While I was hanging out with the girls, Zack needed some "guy time".  So, he took Dan, Boomer, Chris, and Scott to the skeet shooting range nearby.  They had a great time shooting a shot gun and all that other fun manly stuff!  Scott's wife, Liz, is one of my very best friends who happens to be pregnant as well and due in May.  We had to remind the guys that the soon-to-be dads needed to come back in one piece! :)  I appreciate Dan, Boomer, and Chris for making sure that happened.  Zack had such a great time that he wants to go again soon...... I had to remind him we might be busy in the near future. ;)  Here are some pictures from the shower......

The cake matched the invitations! :)

Baby Houston with Mommy, Grannie, Grammy, and his two favorite aunts!

Grannie and Grammy

The Ladies

 The Aunts

Baby Houston and Baby Baden meeting again! :) We can't wait until they are actually able to meet and we can take pictures of them together! :)


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete