Monday, June 3, 2013

6 Weeks Old

I think it is crazy that people are given six weeks for a maternity leave.  I feel that I am just starting to figure out what it means to be a mom to this cute little six week old child!  I am so thankful that I have been given the summer as well to spend time with Zander and watch him get a little bigger each day.  I go to the doctor on Wednesday for my six week checkup.  I am hopeful that they will tell me I can start running again!  My friend, Jessie, mentioned that I would really miss running and be anxious to get back at it..... I would have to agree!  The weather has been perfect for a run!  I even have a jogging stroller from my grandparents that I am ready to test out! I am excited about this week as well.  People tell me that you start to become more yourself around the 6 to 8 week mark!  Bring it on!!!!  Today, I was able to visit a friend that had a baby on May 17th.  For me, it is hard to see how big Zander is getting each day but to see him beside a two-week-old little boy.... I can tell I have a growing boy in my house!  Tomorrow, friends from work are bringing dinner over to the house.... it will be so great to catch up with them and hear how work is going.  Also, one of my best friends is coming this weekend to meet Zander.  Ginny lives in Kansas, and we don't get to see each other often.  She is due in November with a baby herself so this is an exciting time!  I can't believe we will have children the same age!  They will go off to school at about the same time, celebrate proms, graduations, weddings, etc!  Well, I better get back to my little one... he is currently wanting his mommy's attention by doing what he knows to do.... CRY! :)  When do they start to tell you exactly what they need?! ;)  More to report later.....

Some pictures for your enjoyment:

Tummy Time with Daddy.... maybe a nap as well!;)
 Trying out the Moby Wrap
 Our First Date after becoming a mommy and daddy!  My parents came to watch Zander while we went to see Iron Man 3!  Thank you for grandparents!! :)
 Meeting Ryan, Jess, and Logan Bailey (this picture is just of the boys.... the big boys have known each other since elementary school!)
 Just as a refresher... Week One
 Week Five with Aunt Lindsey after going for a walk with Big Brother, Burke!
Such a Big Boy Already!


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you and to meet Zander this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete