Saturday, September 28, 2013

First Days of Fall

I am loving the weather!  There is a chill in the air in the morning and evening, and then the day offers mild temperatures to enjoy a walk with the family after work.  We "puppy-sat" Winston this week while Bri and Chris were in California!   I am so excited they were able to take the opportunity to have a trip just the two of them.  Equally exciting was the chance to hang out with their new pup.  He did such a great job!  He didn't have any accidents and he even slept through the night each night so we didn't have to wake up with a dog and a baby!  Thank you Winston!  Zack took the dogs for a walk every morning while I was getting Zander ready for the day.  In the evenings, we would take a family walk, and I think our neighbors thought we had a new dog.  We were able to clarify that we were temporarily watching Winston which I think made them feel better as they watched us juggle two leashes and a stroller. ;)  Burke and Winston had a great time playing together.  Sometimes we had to separate them when I thought they were getting too aggressive with each other. The separation provided a chance for them to catch their breath before playing again.  Oh to have the energy and excitement of a puppy!
 Winston
 Playing with Winston
 Before school one morning... notice the jacket due to the cooler temperatures!
 I love this picture of Zander in his overalls.... anyone that knows Zack Houston probably remembers him sporting some overalls in high school.  I think that Zander is trying to look like daddy in this picture!  I also love the picture below.... he is such a cutie!;)
I ran 8 miles with my sister this morning!! It was the longest distance I have run since prior to being pregnant.  It felt great to be out on Salem Lake this morning and having the chance to catch up with my sis like we used to do every weekend when we were training for the half or full marathons we have completed in the past.  The excitement I felt today made me want to attempt to do a half marathon in December.  Every year, Linds and I run this race.  Last year I did the 5k portion since I was 5 months pregnant.  I know this year will not be my best race time, but I think it is a fun goal to have to finish the race.  While I was gone, my wonderful husband entertained the boys.  When I came home, somehow Zander's "Horton" stuffed animal was being shared by both boys (see below).  This has shown me that I can't leave the boys long or mischief will occur.  This is bound to get worse as Lil' Z gets older!   
Zack is off all weekend so we are enjoying some quality time with the family.  We even watched the new Star Trek movie that came out around the time that Zander was born.  I wish every weekend could be just like this one!  Enjoy the beautiful weather!


1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of him with his jacket on in the car seat. He is so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete