Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy 5th Months Little Z!

Our little man is getting BIG!  He has complete control of his head now.  He is rolling over A LOT! One minute he will be on his stomach and the next moment he is on his back.  And just as quickly he will be on his stomach again.  Zander still loves his fingers and toes and has perfected the "happy baby's pose" from Yoga!  He is sitting up pretty well.  I always offer myself or a piece of furniture for support.  He is not able to sit up completely on his own at this time.  He is reaching for toys that I hand him, and Zander absolutely loves grabbing onto long hair!  He somehow grabbed my earring the other day.  (That definitely hurt!.... he has such a good grip!)  We have even tried to have him stand up while we are holding him.... and he loves it!  It is crazy to think how far he has come in the last five months!  We are still in size 2 diapers but will probably be transitioning to size 3 in the near future.  I estimate he is about 16 pounds.... doing the calculation from weighing myself and then picking him up while on the scale. :)  I take comfort in looking at the scale and knowing our combined weight is still less than what I weighed at 40 weeks pregnant!  I think we are going in the right direction with him gaining weight and hopefully me losing a few more pounds! ;)  Here are the five month pictures:





 Daddy has been helping a lot at home.  I had a PTA event on Thursday night, and Zander went with me to the event.  When we got home, Zack gave Zander a bath for me while I got the bottles washed and things ready for the next day.  You will notice that little Z is about to come out of the infant support that is in his little tub.  We tried to give him a bath in the bath tub part only but his bottom kept slipping down in the tub.  We will wait to try that again!


 These are two pictures of Zander before school one day.  He is just too cute! Check out how he is sitting up fairly well!

 We have continued to give him new foods in the evenings.  He has now been introduced to bananas, pears, and prunes.  He has prunes all over his face!
Zack was in one of his best friend's weddings yesterday, and we helped celebrate another best friend's milestone birthday.  Today, I am going to pick up a four month old puppy that we are "pup-sitting" for while his parents (our best friends, Chris and Bri) are on vacation.  Think of us as we manage two dogs and a baby this week.  It should be tons of fun! ;) I will include pictures of the pups in my next post!  Have a great week!  Happy Birthday Great-Grandma Nancy! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment