Saturday, May 31, 2014

All things NEW!

It has been a very BIG week in the Houston Household.  First, I decided to chop 4 inches off my hair so I have a "new" do for the summer time! This is the "selfie" I took after leaving the hair appointment.  (A special thanks to Chris and Bri for letting me borrow their Explorer this week and for providing the background for this picture!)  I know my hair will not typically look like this but I love having it washed, cut and styled by my friend, Amy.  (It always seems like a day at the spa when you get your hair cut!)
On Friday, we traded in my Honda Accord I have had for 12 years and purchased a Subaru Forester! I absolutely LOVE our NEW car! It has a moon roof, heated seats, a back up camera, a cargo space in the back, is AWD (for when Zack has to go to work on snowy days), and can comfortably fit two adults with a car seat in the back seat!  Ironically, it also still fits in our garage where I used to park the Honda.  It was sad to see my car go... I LOVED driving my Honda for so many years but our new car is perfect for our little family.  It will also be great for road trips because of the awesome gas mileage it gets!


 Then, Friday night I tried something new!  I went to a Merlot and Van Gogh night with some of my co-workers!  We had a blast painting, eating pizza, and having some adult beverages!  They put your finished product in a frame so you can feel like a real artist. I loved being able to paint on canvas and I was quite impressed with my finished product considering that I am not artistic AT ALL!  It was so fun to get out of the house with some awesome ladies!

Finally, I will finish up with a few pictures of our little man from the Farmer's Market earlier today.  We have gone to the Farmer's Market before with Chris and Bri, and it is always a blast! I guess the only "new" thing about today is that Bri and Chris are expecting a little one in November so we were able to think about how much fun these outings will be next year when Zander's "new" friend is here! ;)


4 comments:

  1. The New Year is always a good opportunity for everyone to have or try out new things. And you did exactly that, because you look amazing on your new haircut. It even matches the character of your new car, classic beauty. And speaking of which, how’s the experience with your new car?

    Diane Wilson @ Fletcher Chrysler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new hairdo looks great on you, Megan! The added volume framed your face well. Hahaha! Anyway, I hope trading in your old car wasn't too emotional for you. I can see how thrilled you were about your new car, so I don't think I should be worried. Hahaha! The car definitely looks amazing. I'm happy for you! :)

    Micheal Miller @ Butler Kia of Fishers

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sweet ride right there! Trading your new car must've been sad, as you've had a lot of memories with it. However, if you're to weigh in the pros of getting a new car, your decision to trade will prove to be a wise one. Drive safely, Megan. All the best to you! :)

    Maurice Osborne @ Fast Lane Automotive

    ReplyDelete