Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hi Ho Hi Ho, Its Back to Work I Go!

This week has been exhausting!!! I am officially worn out, and it is only Wednesday!!  The only bad thing about having five weeks off with my cutie is that I was able to feel what it truly meant to relax for a little while and now it is hard to get back into a routine.  A routine that doesn't all the way consider what is best for a 15 month old, but a routine that has to happen if I am going to make it to work on time!  The mornings and evenings are really busy!! And work is really busy!! So.. I am left in the evenings after Zander is in bed.... simply tired.  I know I was really tired last year but I don't remember feeling this exhausted and overwhelmed!  A perk about this year compared to last is that I am not pumping and nursing.... preparing and labeling bottles.... washing and drying bottles... washing many outfits from blowout diapers and spit up.  This year is definitely going to be "easier" in that regard.... but as those of you that have children know... keeping up with a 15 month old is a full time job!! So... to have a separate full time job in addition to being a mother.... makes it challenging at times.  As I am writing this.... I am taking deep breaths.... trying to forget the to-do list from work and trying to forget the fussy baby that I brought home from daycare.  I will focus on the positives.... a cute toddler running up to me with a big smile as I picked him up from "school" this evening.....a wonderful husband that took over bath time tonight so I could clean up the kitchen and get the laundry moved over from the washer to the dryer.... bedtime snuggles where we sang three or four songs as Zander sat calmly on my lap......and over halfway through the work week!  Here are a few pictures from the beginning of our week.....
 Zander may have tried dog food this week as I was attempting to get dinner ready... he just leaned over and grabbed a piece of Burke's food from his bowl! (As a side note.. I thought it was cute that Zander was keeping Burke company while he ate his dinner.... and I was impressed that Burke didn't get upset with Z's close proximity.... I will have to keep a closer watch to ensure Zander doesn't eat any more of Burke's meals!)
 Heading out the door for our first day back!
 Eating spaghetti.... those of you that know me understand how impressive these pictures are.... my kid made a mess of himself, his clothes, the tray, the floor, and mommy.... I let him have fun and then got to spend quality time cleaning him and then everything else once he went to sleep!  Usually I take his clothes off for pasta nights but I forgot until the "fun" had already started.... did I mention that I have been tired this week and might not be functioning at 100% mental capacity?!
For another fun fact..... two years ago today.... I found out I was going to be a mommy! I didn't know at the time boy or girl or names or what he/she would look like......It is so exciting to fast forward to now.... we are blessed with a healthy boy that is into everything and looks like his daddy without a doubt!  Zander has truly blessed our lives and I couldn't imagine my life any differently!

No comments:

Post a Comment