Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Summer Break: Week 5

This is my final week as a "stay at home mom"!  I have loved being home with Zander this summer! We have kept ourselves pretty busy.....my favorite part of the day is being able to let our little man sleep until he is ready to wake up (which is around 6:45 a.m.).  It has been wonderful to see such a happy toddler greet me in the mornings.... knowing that he is refreshed and ready to start a new day.  It is hard to believe that the time he has been waking up this summer is about 15 minutes before we have to be out the door starting on Monday.  I hope we can give Zander enough sleep with our work schedule and still have some part of an evening with our little guy.  It is so hard to go from seeing Zander every hour he is awake to seeing him about 2 hours a day.  Pray for me as this will be a constant struggle until he is in kindergarten, and we are at the same elementary school! ;)
We started out the final week of summer break with a mini-getaway for mommy and daddy!  Zack and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary, and he surprised me with an overnight trip to Mt. Airy! We were able to walk around town and get milkshakes/malts.  We ate a delicious dinner at 13 Bones and went to see a movie (Guardians of the Galaxy).  The next morning we went on a small hike at Pilot Mtn. before heading home.  Without further ado.... here are the anniversary "selfies"!









Zander and I have had fun this week...... enjoying one last swim at Kelly's pool and going to the doctor for his 15 month checkup.  Zander weighs 20 lbs and 15 oz!  He is holding strong at the 15th percentile for weight.  He did not like the shots too much...... but he took a really good nap.... which meant mommy had some time to relax on the couch!  I haven't done much relaxing this summer.... always finding something that needs done while Z is napping.  Today, I decided why not put up my feet for a bit and it was glorious!
 


We have four more days together (if you count the weekend!).  We are planning on grabbing lunch tomorrow with Aunt Lindsey and then going over to a friend's house for a playdate.  On Friday, we are grabbing dinner and watching a movie (at the casa) with Bri and Chris.  Basically, we are soaking up the last days of summer, and I plan to get plenty of snuggles in with my little man between now and Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment