Saturday, September 13, 2014

Getting Caught Up!

The last couple weeks have been super busy!! Work is going well, but I feel like I am just not finding a balance right now between work responsibilities and home life.  I love my sweet little family and it seems like we just can't find enough time to be together!  The last two weeks have had me planning a curriculum night with 744 RSVPs (I arranged to have a free hotdog dinner for all the parents and students at my school... this task was a lot harder than I imagined... but we had a good turn out and I have never felt so supported by my office friends!!  They helped purchase food items and hand out tickets, and serve dinner to all these people!)  I was able to get a $1,000 grant for this endeavor so it felt great to use the money for our school community.  Needless to say, I was excited when Thursday evening was over and I definitely needed this weekend!  Last weekend, I went on a work retreat with 22 of my co-workers.  We were in Ocracoke at NCCAT.  I loved driving down with my principal, assistant principal, and office mate, Anna!  It was also fun to catch up with the teachers at our school in a different setting.  The weather was gorgeous and the views were incredible! 
Here is a picture of Zander the morning I left for the weekend...
 A picture from the ferry ride over to Ocracoke... I just love this picture!
 Anna and I practicing "selfies"! ;)

 Mr. Wyatt and Mrs. Warren

 Cheesing it up before school bright and early one morning last week.....
Today, I took my boys to the air show so Zander could have his first experience with some big planes!! It was so cool to see them flying overhead and watch Zander point to the planes as they flew by.  Zander even got to ride in a school bus (his first bus ride) to shuttle over from the parking lot to the airport! 






No comments:

Post a Comment