Sunday, September 21, 2014

Zander's Only Mommy

The sermon at church this morning has really stuck with me today.  We were looking at the life of David and how he didn't place his family as a high priority or protect his family unit.  Because of this, he did not have a strong family dynamic.  So even though he was one of the very best kings, he was upset and burdened by many of the outcomes his decisions had on his family members.  Our pastor went on to say that we need to place our families as the highest priority.... and as a mom, I need to think about the impact my decisions and actions will have on Zander.  Zander will grow up to see how to treat others based on how I have treated others.  He will know the love of a family based on how I treat him and his daddy.  There really is no greater job or responsibility than that while here on earth.  Our pastor gave an example of how he was trying to get to his son's ball game and a person stopped him in the parking lot because he needed to talk to the pastor.  In that moment, our pastor had to make a decision.... does he miss his child's ball game or not help a man work through his problem?  Now a ball game might seem insignificant to many and the man's problem seemed quite large..... but our pastor in that moment.... told the gentleman that he had to leave to make his son's game in time.  Our pastor went on to say that the man could go see a counselor or another pastor at that moment about the issue he was having, but the pastor's son would not have another father waiting for him at his ball game.  The lesson to me was made very simple...... the teachers at my school will always be able to find other colleagues to collaborate with and the students will always find other teachers to guide their learning.... but Zander will only have ONE mommy..... and I have been blessed to be that mommy!  So.... when I get a call from the daycare (like I did this past week) that says I need to pick him up because he has a fever and has been crying for three hours (since I dropped him off).... I don't have to think.... I have to go..... I have to pick that cute little boy up and hold him all afternoon if need be (which is what I mostly did) because at that moment.... there is no one else that he wants but his mommy.  So everything else just doesn't matter as much.  Work will get done the next day......someone else can do my job if need be.....there are days where my job as mommy must come first...... and I hope that every day I see myself as a wife and a mother first..... the job comes after all of that!  Our precious little family is an example of Christ's love for us..... that example must show that we care about each other more than ourselves and we are willing to sacrifice other activities to put our family first.  God loves us as His very own.... we must model that love when spending time with our husbands, wives, and children.

Now..... to some pictures from the week......
Zack and I went to the UNCC-Elon Game on Saturday night at Elon
 Zander loves playing at the park after church
 Grammy came to visit while Grandpa Buzz was golfing and daddy was working! :) She is such a big help! I was able to mow while daddy worked.  She also watched Zander so we could help our best friends, Bri and Chris, paint their baby boy's nursery!!


 My co-pilot on his way to get his nails trimmed!
 Exploring the backyard with daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment