Saturday, December 6, 2014

Another Half Marathon in the Books!

Every year, Lindsey and I try to complete one half marathon.... there is nothing like waiting until December to keep this tradition alive! It was cold and rainy but we had a good time!  I was able to run the race in 2 hours 1 minute and 47 seconds! :)  I don't know when Linds and I will break the elusive two hour mark.... it has been our goal to break 2 hours for five years now..... it might require more training than the one run I am getting in each week at this point in time.  Needless to say, I was very proud of our accomplishment today.... simply finishing the race and crossing the finish line together!

As you can see in the two pictures below..... one of my boys has a difficult time cooperating for pictures!  In the first one, it is daddy and in the second one, it is Zander! Oh well!

A humorous moment (and picture) of the day can be found below......when Zander saw me pass him at the six mile mark, he couldn't understand why I didn't stop and hang out!  I could hear him crying the next half mile of my run.....this picture had to be included because it still makes me smile thinking how much he loves and missed his mommy this morning!
After Zander's nap, we loaded up the car so he could meet one of his new best friends, Joseph Daniel White (a.k.a "Seph").  We had such a fun time meeting this little guy and hearing the story of his arrival from his mommy and daddy.  He came nine days late but he came on his own! It is so fun to see some of our best friends as new parents! We can't wait to hang out with our boys when they get home from the hospital and adjusted to the "new normal".  I had my hands full trying to hold and cuddle this adorable little guy and entertain my precious Zander.  This was yet another hint that we might need to wait a little longer before thinking about #2. ;)  You can see Zander hanging around in most of the pictures. 



Kid swap..... we were able to capture a picture with the new daddy!
 Zander is pointing at the new mommy and wondering why she is laying in a bed (usually Bri is helping entertain Zander too!)
Another big event of the week was getting our fence installed out back.  We are still waiting on the gates to go up but wire has been put around the entire area so now Burke has his own playground (off the leash) where he can explore.  It has already been so beneficial to me in the mornings when I am getting Zander and myself ready.  Burke can do his business while we are eating breakfast in the comfortable 70 degree interior of our house!  You can see Zack has added an additional grass area and we have three vegetable boxes (only one can be seen in this picture) that have flowers in them now for the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment