Saturday, December 13, 2014

We Saw Santa!

I wanted to get a picture of my little cutie with Santa and had no idea what it would be like this year for him.  Last year, he admired Santa's beard and hat.  This year he refused to be left alone on Santa's lap!  So instead of having a blur of a toddler running out of the picture (which we made a few attempts with), we decided on a family shot!  Just to compare to last year.....
As for a recap of this past week.....I took Zander back home to visit Grandpa Buzz who is recovering from back surgery.  I took two days off from work and tried to help him by encouraging him not to bend, lift, or twist.  You would think this would be an easy task but I quickly learned that keeping my dad from doing any of these things above was a full time job!  Dad and I had fun hanging out during the day..... watching Christmas movies and maybe a little bit of golf (not my choice.... but I wasn't the patient!)  Zander hung out with Grannie during the day and spent time with Grammy and Grandpa Buzz in the evenings.  He also got to see GranDan, Great Grandma Nancy and Great Grandpa Bobby!  Here are a few pictures from our visit.....Grannie took Zander to some fun places where he was able to explore.  She sent me the picture below......
Dad and I took a lap around the neighborhood each day while I was home..... we had to document the progress.... he is doing great having just had the surgery a few days prior.  I tried to stay in my pajamas as long as possible each day so you can see I was looking pretty attractive for our walks!

The rest of the week was pretty busy with work.... I had a reading night/PTA performance which put me getting home late and an all day meeting for work on Friday.  Needless to say, I was ready for a relaxing weekend.  And that is what we are enjoying currently!  I am typing this while Zander is napping.  Before his nap, the whole family went outside to explore our new fenced in backyard.  Zander loves helping daddy outside and Burke enjoys the freedom to dig and run without being tethered to a leash.  I can definitely see where the fence will be a good long term investment for our family.  It is already proving to be a great way for us to relax as a family and for us to get some outside time when it is not too cold!






No comments:

Post a Comment