Saturday, December 20, 2014

Countdown to Christmas

I am really tired.... I don't know what it is about this time of year but I feel worn out!!  I absolutely love Christmas and look forward to spending time with family and friends but I guess the busy-ness has gotten to me this year.  I have felt that every day this week I was counting down to bedtime... not only for Zander but for mommy as well!  You can tell from the two pictures below that Burke feels the same way.  He usually lays on our bed while we are getting ready for work each day.  On this particular Monday, he decided to get under the covers and I pulled them up so he could be tucked in!  He didn't move until we had to make the bed.

This week was the last week of work for me for 2014!  I get two weeks off with Zander and I can't wait to soak up all that time with him and my other boys (Zack and Burke!)  At school, Santa came to visit so we took a picture with the office staff, and I also got a picture with my office mate, Anna!

We had all the typical festive chorus performances which continued to put me in the Christmas spirit.  Our staff is truly amazing.  Each day that I came into work included more and more treats and goodies to enjoy!  That might have added to why I felt so tired.  I would get a sugar rush each day (eating two cupcakes at a time, etc) and then coming home.... I just wanted a nap! ;)  I missed work on Thursday with Zander.  He is currently fighting a nasty cough, runny nose and fever.  We have been trying everything to get him better for the holidays.  We have used the humidifier, the nebulizer, vapor rub, bulb sucker/aspirator, Tylenol/Advil, and lots of cuddles with mommy.  The one positive thing about Zander being sick is that all he wants to do is sit in mommy's lap so I have tried to soak up every minute of that!  He sounds so pathetic though when he is upset... he will cry and say "mmmmooooommmmmmmmmyyyyy" (he really drags out each letter of mommy for the full effect of how bad he feels).  Pray he gets better fast! We have many people to see this holiday season!
One new thing Zander is doing that is absolutely adorable is that he has learned to whisper.  I will ask him to whisper and he will make breathy noises as if he were whispering real words! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment