Saturday, September 5, 2015

Three day weekend!

Work has been keeping us busy since the start of school.  I can't believe we only have 9 weeks until "Thunderbird" is due!  With the busy days, we have tried to enjoy family time whenever possible.  Zander is getting big so fast and we want to soak up all the moments we can have with our first born since we know things are about to change around the Houston Household.  Zander can confidently count to ten (he even got a prize at school for this!).  He is starting to add eleven, twelve, thirteen and a lot of other teens that don't sound like the next numbers in order! ;)  He will repeat all the letters of the alphabet to me when we are reading our alphabet book and his vocabulary has started to really take off!! Some of the words he uses, I don't even know where he has heard them before.  For example, today we were backing the truck into the driveway and he said "daddy goes backwards".  He is starting to make sentences and you can see him really concentrating on the words he is forming so he can clearly communicate what he is thinking!  One funny thing he constantly says these days is "no talking mommy".  When we are at the dinner table and trying to catch up from the day.... he doesn't want me to talk as much as I am! ;)  I always knew I was a talker but there is nothing like having your two year old point it out to make you contemplate the number of words you are using! haha  Here are some pictures from our week.  
Zander loves playing in Burke's old bed!
Aunt Lindsey and Uncle Boomer came to watch Zander so we could have a game night with friends!
Enjoying a Sunday afternoon walk 
Zander practicing for when his baby brother arrives (he likes to ride for a bit but then he would rather push the stroller!)
Trying on his outfit for Aunt A and Uncle Jay's Wedding!  Once we add the bow tie, he will be the cutest ring bearer ever!
Sometimes you just need frozen yogurt on the way home from "school"..... mommy wanted/needed the frozen treat too!
Flowers sent to work "just because".... you can see on the card.... they arrived from my actor crush, Patrick Dempsey.... how thoughtful! ;)  My husband sure can make me smile!  I think he felt bad for me since I took a tumble up our front steps last week and scratched up my knee pretty bad and have now been dealing with a head cold!  The encouragement definitely helped!
Relaxing on a Saturday morning... hoping we can do more of this over the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment