Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Greatest Show on Earth!

Camels, tigers and clowns.... oh my!  We were able to go to the circus today!  This is the last year of the circus (which has been around for 145 years!)  I had never been so when Grammy and Grandpa mentioned taking our big boy to the greatest show on earth.... I wanted to tag along!  Zack hung out with Maddox for the day while I soaked up some uninterrupted time with my firstborn!  For those of you that have multiple children... I strongly recommend taking time to enjoy each child for a little bit by themselves.  I forgot how easy it is to leave the house with a three year old and what little I had to pack!  Maddox was able to go to the park with Daddy and have a picnic dinner with some friends of ours.  At the circus, we were able to see the animals ahead of time and Grandpa bought Zander a sword that lights up for him to wave around throughout the show.  I think Zander might be a little spoiled!  We were able to grab dinner and dessert on our way home and I made it back in time to snuggle with Maddox before he went to bed!  Each boy has their own unique qualities right now that make them so fun to spend time with (which are easier to notice when you are spending time one on one).  Sometimes they are able to entertain each other and the sibling bonding is just about the cutest thing!  We are trying to plan things that work for our family of four and also outings that are specific to the age of each child.  I will get to hang out with Maddox tomorrow while Zander is at Cubbies.  Next Friday, Zander and I will be going to a mommy-child superhero night at our church!   









 And now to catch up on the last couple weeks..... We have been able to spend time with Baby Cousin (Emmy).  I went to a shower for one of our closest friends that is getting married soon.  All five of us girls (and our moms) have known each other since I was in 4th grade and Linds was in 1st.  We met up with the Shorrs and were able to take a picture of all four Leighs (Leigh Shorr, Lindsey Leigh, Alexander Leigh and Emerson Leigh).  We hung out with the Williams and Kennedys (and I was able to get my "girl fix" since I am outnumbered in my house!)  And we have been able to enjoy the warmer temperatures and get outside a little more.












1 comment:

  1. Thank Usss again. We R looking 4ward 2 coming up 2 C U all in March.

    ReplyDelete