Sunday, February 12, 2017

To My Little Valentines

To My Boys,
Every year I try to write a Valentine's Day post to my little ones to highlight some of the things I love about you at your current stage in life.  First of all, I am absolutely blessed to be the mother of two incredibly sweet, loving, energetic boys!  In the last few months, your love for each other has grown immensely which has been one of my favorite things to watch.  Zander, you give the best hugs to your baby brother.  Maddox, you get upset whenever your brother is not around and instantly light up and smile as soon as he returns from Cubbies or wherever he has been.  I can't wait to see the friendship that is starting now between the two of you grow even stronger as you get older.  You might not know it yet but your brother will be your biggest fan and best friend.  Your brother will be the one person that can help you if you have had a hard day, and the one person you want to talk to when things are going exactly how you hoped they would.  I know this because I share this same relationship with your Aunt Lindsey.  This sibling bond is something that can't be replicated in any of your friendships and one that will last the rest of your lives.  Hold onto each other the same way you do now and you will go far having your biggest "cheerleader" close by.  
To My Zander.....I love the excitement you have about just about anything.  Your entire face lights up when you have something you are bursting to tell someone and your energy about life is contagious my dear boy.  I love how you can count to 20 (and you always leave out 13 and 15!).  I love how you know most of the letters of the alphabet in random order but always get tricked on the C and Q (maybe because they have the same sound sometimes in words?!)  I love the way you run and how you put on your shoes all by yourself.  I love how you want to cuddle on a Saturday morning since we have a little more time.  I love how you hold the door open for me at your daycare (and you continue to hold it open for every single person that is dropping off their kids as well- this might cause me to be late at times but you are such a gentleman!).  Zander, I love that I got to be a mommy because of you and you are forgiving enough to allow me to make mistakes as we figure this out together!  
To My Maddox.... I absolutely love your cuddles.  You just nuzzle right into my shoulder and usually grab my hair to play with.  I think it is interesting that I twirled my hair growing up and you have found a fascination with my thick mess of hair!  I love the way you walk!  I love the way you eat food (you act like you might not ever see a meal again and definitely earn the "clean plate" award!)  I love your laugh and smile.  I love how you say "ball" and do hand gestures to No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (complete with tapping your head for "bumped his head").  I love that you already have an enjoyment toward reading.  I will find you in your room the flipping pages of your books.  I love that you run to get your cup as soon as you see me pick you up in the afternoon and then head toward the door as if to say... ok... its time to go... I know the routine!  Maddox, you are the child that has completed our family and I will forever be thankful of the family we have because you are in it!
Happy Valentine's Day my sweet little Valentines!  Mommy loves you so much!
                                                            With all my love,
                                                            Mommy





1 comment: