Sunday, March 5, 2017

Sick Days

The Houstons have all been a little under the weather lately... Maddox started everything off with a double ear infection last week.  Then, Zander woke up in the middle of the night Wednesday (into Thursday morning) throwing up everywhere!  I tried to do a thorough cleaning while I was home with him on Thursday but I honestly had no idea a kid his size (that eats such a little bit in general) could make such a big mess!  I think the lack of sleep from all of us had taken its toll on the parents... and by Friday, Zack and I weren't feeling 100%.  I had a sore throat, headache and overall tiredness.  Zack has been dealing with some of the stomach issues that Zander had.  Needless to say, the leisurely weekend I had looked forward to for a couple weeks now turned into the Houstons trying to recover from whatever has hit our house.  We have taken naps both days when the boys napped (which is pretty unheard of). We have put any household projects on hold and have truly tried to get back to feeling 100%.  Although sickness is not fun, it has given us a chance to cuddle a little more and slow down our typical fast-paced weeks.  

Before the sickness was in full swing at our house, we were able to enjoy the warmer temperatures last weekend (and bring back out the bubble maker from our Disney trip a year ago!)  We went for an ice cream treat (where Maddox was able to have a small amount of the frozen stuff... still not sure the extent of his milk/egg allergies).  And my boys were introduced to the dollhouse that my grandpa built for my sister and me when we were little.  It was so fun to see their excitement about something that meant so much to me all those years ago.  My parents have been fixing up the outside of the house and it looks incredible!



I did want to mention that 2 years ago today, I found out that I was going to have baby #2.  August 13th and March 5th always stand out to me because those two days are when I took a pregnancy test that showed a positive reading, meaning our family would be forever changed by two precious boys (regardless of whether they are healthy or sick!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment