Thursday, June 15, 2017

Family Fun!

We are enjoying our summertime so far! I know summer doesn't officially begin until next week and I still have a week of work left before I get some uninterrupted time with my boys but it just seems like we are already in the summer mindset! It stays lighter later and we don't feel as stressed by the day-to-day responsibilities we all have.  We continue to fit in as much family time as possible... knowing our boys are only this little once and enjoying seeing each activity we do through their excitement!  We have enjoyed a few dinners out as a family of four and the kids have been awesome! (Of course I just jinxed myself and sometimes we have balloon artists at "kids eat free" nights to keep them entertained but I'll take it!)
We tried to play outside before it got hot last Saturday morning and met the Whites at a local park for a picnic, hike and fun on the playground.  We also got out our mini pool on Sunday to splash around and cool down after naps!  We even tried a couple dinners on our back porch... you can see in the picture below that Maddox spotted an airplane flying overhead as I was taking the picture!  We've played with Emmy and Grammy and the rest of the Kennedy/Bakewell clan!






I feel like Maddox no longer looks like a "baby" in the picture above!  He is growing so fast!  He also wants to be just like his big brother.... mimicking his every move!



We even got to see my aunt and cousin who were passing through... they hadn't met Maddox yet so it was great to catch up even for a short period of time!
 Other events from the past week or two.... I had all four tires replaced two weeks ago because a bolt/screw had gone into the tire beyond repair.  (It was about time to get new tires... so we took the plunge!)  Not even two weeks later... I was driving and Zander heard a noise from the tire outside his window.... I had somehow found another bolt!  Fortunately, this just required a patch!  We have also counted down the end of another wonderful school year with kids!  Our school is such an awesome environment to be a part of!  I am including pictures from when I matched one of our secretaries on the last day and the water day that also took place on the last day of school with our fourth graders!


No comments:

Post a Comment