Saturday, September 1, 2018

First Day of School 2018

We are officially back to school..... we just finished our first full week with students..... and it was a great week!! I will say I am very thankful we also have a three day weekend right now because this past week wore me out!  Here are some of the things we have been up to since I last posted....

Zander met his kindergarten teacher (someone that has known him since he was in my belly!)  She is so excited about Zander being in her class and we are so excited, blessed and lucky that our kindergartner has Mrs. Noell!  Since mommy had to work Open House, I brought Z by the day before to officially "meet the teacher".
The weekend after open house, we loaded our crazy crew and headed back home for a day on the lake with some of our very best friends!  Liz and I have scheduled this lake day for three years now and we look forward to it every summer!  Since our kids are the exact same age, they each have a buddy to play with.  The younger siblings took naps in the afternoon while the older siblings played together with Jacob's grandpa!  Prior to naps, we fit in a boat ride, swimming and a picnic lunch!

 Grannie was able to visit with us for the afternoon and it is always a treat spending time with family!

Once back from our adventures, it was time to officially start school.  I've been taking "first day" school pictures for years.  I love seeing the changes from year to year now that the boys have come along!  Zander didn't start kindergarten until Wednesday due to a staggered start so he had a couple more days with Grammy and Grandpa!

 I absolutely love my AP!  We happened to match in our stripes for the first day of school!
 Six years and counting of the first day of school with my boys....
By Wednesday, it was time for Zander to start kindergarten.  I have been so excited for him to start at my school.  I remember when I picked my occupation at the end of high school I thought about how my own children would go to school with me and 17 years later.... we are officially here!  I love periodically seeing him around campus and also getting a few extra minutes with him in the mornings and afternoons!




 My co-workers absolutely love seeing Zander too!  I will get picture messages from them during the day..... here is one of Zander with Mrs. Clinard!  I taught Ms. Clinard's oldest in fourth grade (who happens to be in college now!)
 Another co-worker snapped these pictures of Zander opening a letter from me that I put in his lunchbox for the first day of school. :)
 Zander's teacher, Mrs. Noell, sent this picture of Zander one day this past week!
I think I am still in shock that Z started his educational journey this past week.... I have what we would consider a "school age" kid! How did this happen?!  We are officially on the countdown as the Class of 2031... do you think this shirt will fit when he is a senior!?:) 
We fit in one more lake day with best friends today!  Ashley, Chris and their three boys invited us on their boat for a day of fun!  I loved watching all five boys spend time together!  We played in the water, tubed around the lake (including the mamas), paddle-boarded and drove around on the boat!  I am so blessed we can soak up the last days of summer with great friends!


We also got to see Granny V and Paw Paw before heading back home.  I forgot to take pictures from our visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment