Wednesday, March 27, 2019

A Truck Race!

We have had so much fun these past few weeks.... here is what we have been up to!  First, Maddox has "Show and Tell" every Friday at school. On this particular Friday, he had pajama day as well.  He had to bring something for the letter "Q" (which was tricky to think of)..... so mommy said he could take a quarter (if he promised he didn't put it in his mouth!)..... I turned around and saw him balancing it on his nose as we were getting ready to leave from school Friday afternoon!  Thankfully it didn't end up in his mouth!
Linds and I completed our last long (10 mile) run before our half marathon.  Thankfully, we have had great weather and great times on our runs lately.  We have one more practice run before race day.... it will be here before we know it!
Two Saturdays ago (after the 10 mile run mentioned above), we took the boys bowling.  Zander has been asking to go for weeks and it just seemed like the perfect day to go.  The weather was still pretty cold outside and we are hopeful that spring temperatures will get us outside more in the future.  So we went for an indoor activity.  These types of days just make me smile...... to see the excitement the kids have when the pins get knocked over and to see how their daddy helps coach them to bowl on their own (giving them advice about where they should drop the ball, etc).  I love days like this!
I was able to chaperone a field trip with Z's class a couple weeks ago as well.  He really wanted me to go with him and I'm not able to make his field trip later this year due to a work meeting so I was so excited to have my travel buddy on the bus as we made our way to see the Cat in the Hat play! 
 Maddox loves bath time and I love messing with his hair! His favorite is the Mohawk!
 We celebrated Daddy's birthday with the Bakewell Bunch at a sit down Japanese restaurant.  Grammy brought cupcakes and everyone had a great time celebrating our favorite guy!
Zander had fairy tale character dress up day last Friday.  He went as Flynn Rider who heroically saves Rapunzel from the tower (we might have merged "Tangled" in there a bit so he could match his buddy, Mia, who was Rapunzel with her long hair)!  They are just too cute! :)

I got to take Zack out to dinner for his birthday.... a date just the two of us! :)  We were still at home in bed by 9:00!  We are such night owls! ;)
On Saturday, we gave our birthday boy a whole day to himself!  He rarely ever gets any "down time" between work and family responsibilities.... so I thought he would love a day where he could make his own schedule and even relax a bit!  I went with my parents to the Martinsville truck race and introduced our boys to racing fun!  We had the best weather, the best food and the best day!  We will definitely be back in the future! It was so fun watching the boys pick their favorite drivers and follow the trucks around the track.

When we got home from the truck race, Zack had a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me and a really sweet card.  It really was a great end to a great day!  Unfortunately, by bedtime, I was running a 100.5 fever and kept a fever until Monday night (it even got up to 102.9 with pain meds).  I went to the doctor on Monday morning for them to confirm I had strep throat.  My throat has never hurt so bad in my life!! I had to take two days off of work..... could barely talk and was not able to have solid foods for a couple days.  I am happy to report that thanks to a shot and doctor prescribed medications, I am on the mend!  Ironically, Zack got one day off of dad duty in exchange for three days on full time parent duty..... because mama was off duty (not by choice but by circumstance).  I am hoping to take it easy the rest of the week and be ready to tackle a half marathon in about a week and a half!  Prayers appreciated that everyone else in our family stays healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment