Monday, March 4, 2019

In Like a Lion......

Or maybe some other storybook characters!  We have had dress up days at both schools within the last few weeks so we are getting creative with costumes and enjoying all the fun of being "in character" for the day.  We have also continued to have a pretty brisk pace as we check off another month of 2019!  I can't believe it is March already and with the weather we are having right now, it is definitely coming in like a lion!  Zander is fascinated with this phrase right now and March 1st's weather was a clear example of this saying.... cold and wet!  We are bouncing between 60 degree days and then 40 degree days.  The rain has been pretty constant lately, causing us to ensure we have outside activities planned if we see a glimmer of the sun!  Here is what we have been up to!  I chaperoned a field trip with the K-2 students at our church last Sunday with Zander.  We ate yummy pizza and then went to a trampoline park which also featured a rock climbing wall.  We enjoyed jumping around and even made it to the top of the wall together!!  It was a first for both of us!!  We were supposed to do a service activity as well but the person had to cancel at the last minute due to sickness.  It was still a fun day with Zander and some of his church friends!

On book character day at our school, I was Fern from Charlotte's Web.  The office staff came together to each have a part within this beloved book.  Mom came early to french braid my hair, proving yet again that you are never too old to need your mama!  Zander was the Big Bad Wolf and his friend, Mia, was Little Red Riding Hood.  They even made the front page of the newspaper!


Maddox came to Zander's swim lesson on Thursday and we were all smiles knowing we had one more day of school/work for the week!  He did a great job watching his brother and cheering him on.  As predicted, my little daredevil would walk as close to the pool as possible..... just to give his mama a slight heart attack thinking that I would be jumping in with my clothes on to rescue my little swimmer!
We got new stools and I absolutely love them!!  They work better for the boys and are pretty sturdy for our crew!  I love the look as well!
 On Saturday, it was sunny!! After Linds and I busted out a 10 mile run, we headed to the science center.  We also fit in bike rides in the afternoon.  Thanks to daddy for taking the boys out to breakfast and grocery shopping while I went for my weekly run!  We skipped nap time (living life on the edge I guess!) to enjoy as much sunshine as possible!! We ended a perfect Saturday by celebrating the newest doctor in our family with dinner at Olive Garden!  We are so proud of Uncle Boomer (a.k.a. Dr. Kennedy) and can't wait to see him at his graduation in May!
Sometimes, you just have to stop on a bike ride to make a wish!! I love that this boy enjoys the little things! :)
 Uncle Zack entertaining the kids while we wait for dinner!

Today is Maddox's book character day to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday!! He is the cutest Cat in the Hat!  He absolutely loved getting to dress up this morning since he watched us dress up last week!  Its crazy to think that four years ago (tomorrow) I found out we were going to be a family of four!! I cannot believe how fast time is going by!  I want to soak up moments like I have included in this blog post!! They are only little once!

No comments:

Post a Comment