Friday, March 15, 2019

My Two Front Teeth

We had so much fun last weekend visiting our family! We made a day trip on Saturday and coordinated the weekends so we could see our favorite nephew along with Aunt A and Uncle Jay!  First, we went to Grannie's and played inside.  Then, we grabbed lunch at ChickFila....a family favorite!  While Henry was napping, we painted with Grannie and then went to see Granny V, Paw Paw and Uncle Grant.  The boys were easily entertained by the Houstons in their fun game room!  After nap time, we went back to Grannie's so we could eat dinner and see GranDan.  It was a full day but it was also so perfect!
I got to see my favorite niece on Monday! Grammy picked up all three grandkids since the parents had work commitments.  I came home in time to feed the kids a "healthy" dinner of chicken nuggets, fruit and seasoned corn.  Fortunately, the kids ate their dinner and then it was time to get Zander to his first baseball practice of the season!  We are already getting prepared for weeks full of two or three day baseball commitments and are looking forward to spring-like temperatures as we watch our favorite ball player on the field!
 The boys got hair cuts this week!  We are definitely getting ready for spring!  You will notice in the first picture, Maddox's two front teeth are starting to turn a gray color.  As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, he fell at church, scraping his nose and bumping his teeth.  Well.... those teeth have started to show the effects of that fall!  I took him to the dentist on Tuesday for an x-ray.  Fortunately, the permanent teeth are still in tact.  At this time he will hold on to his two front teeth whatever color they are!  It makes for a good story for sure!!  He is definitely my "rough and tumble" boy!

 Everything is made better with ice cream! ;)
My parents celebrated their 38th wedding anniversary yesterday!  I am so blessed to have them in my life and so thankful for the marriage they have modeled for my sister and me.  Having now made it to a decade of marriage, I am celebrating with them each year of their relationship.  I know it is hard work and am so thankful that their love has stood firm no matter what the challenges may be. Happy anniversary to my favorite couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment