Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Countdown to Summer

We are officially in June which means we are officially counting down to summer break!! Zander has one more week of kindergarten and I have about two more weeks of work before we are off for the summer, and I get to spend my days with my boys!  Here is what we have been up to this past week....
Zander loves his teacher!! He is going to miss her when he goes to 1st grade.  She has been so perfect for him this year!! She understands his energetic boy personality and challenges him academically! He is reading like crazy and has such a great number sense!  Zander and Mrs. Noell wanted to take a selfie during one of our staff meetings after school! haha
We said goodbye to one of our four-legged family members this past week.  My parents' dog, Sox, has been dealing with heart issues for awhile, and my parents had to make the difficult decision to say goodbye to their beloved pet they have had for 11 years.  I will miss his aggressive face licks!
We had the Stanwoods come to stay for a brief visit Friday night on their way to a family vacation.  It was so great having the cousins together and getting hugs from my favorite nephew! I also love seeing him in all the clothes that have been passed down from the Houston boys!
 I took the boys to see Aladdin on Saturday afternoon.  We absolutely loved it!!! Having seen the original when I was a kid, it was so fun to hear and sing along to the songs I grew up knowing!  That morning we fit in some bike riding and baseball practice (fielding and hitting) with daddy so it just seemed to be a perfect Saturday!
 On Sunday, we went to the Greensboro Grasshoppers game with Zander's little league team.  The boys got to practice catching on the field before the game and we even got to walk the field with Z's team!  It was fun to watch a minor league team on a Sunday afternoon.  Zander had many questions.  I hope I can learn more about baseball (hint: Aunt Lindsey and Uncle Boomer) so I can keep up as he moves up in the various divisions!


Yesterday, we celebrated Zander's kindergarten year with an end of year celebration.  We got to have a picnic lunch with him afterwards!  Even daddy got to come!
 After work/school, we headed to Zander's last little league game of the year! He had three great hits and got a few players out when he was playing pitcher, center field, and second base.  His favorite position to play is pitcher or first base.  We shall see if these preferences stick! ;)
 We could not make it without our support team!! Linds and Emerson have come to many of Z's games.  Grammy and Grandpa helped us celebrate our kindergartner and picked up the boys and fed them so we would be ready to cheer on #21 on the baseball field!  Their support makes parenting so much easier and more fun! 
Finally, Uncle Jay taught me about a new picture option on my phone that turns pictures into comics! I'm loving playing with the new feature! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment