Tuesday, June 11, 2019

School's Out for Summer!

Zander is officially on his way to 1st grade and his brother will be finishing preschool on Friday.  They will be spending some time with Grammy and Grandpa until I am done for the school year.  After that, we will have about six weeks together where I get to be a full time mommy!! The summer is always my favorite time of year..... a time where the schedule each day is what my boys and I make of it!! Until I officially start my summer break, here is what the boys have been up to!
Maddox has water day one day a week as part of the "summer program" at his preschool.  He loves wearing his bathing suit and flip flops to school on these mornings.
Zander had field day last week.  His favorite game was tug-o-war.  I got to run the sno-cone station so Grammy snapped a picture of me with my first-born.  Zander's teacher and Grammy also sent me some additional pictures so I could see all the fun Zander had throughout the day!
Zander had a school dance on Friday night.  He loved the cotton candy and as you can see, I might have some competition when it comes to being his favorite girl! ;)

On Saturday, we loaded up the car for a day trip back home.  We got to see Granny V, Paw Paw and Uncle Grant on our way into town.  After a visit with them, we headed to the lake for some fun with the Badens.  This is always one of my favorite days of the year!  I get to see my best friend, Liz, and we get to watch our kids play together!  The weather didn't cooperate as well as it usually does but we still managed to fit in a boat ride and the kids got to swim some in between the rain!  As you can see from some of the pictures below, we got rained on some during our boat ride which added to the excitement of the day!


We got to see Grannie, GranDan, and the Stanwoods before heading back home.  Grannie had made matching shirts for the cousins which they were able to model for pictures.
On Sunday, I brought out some of our board games. We played Candyland, Guess Who and Twister!  The boys had fun with each game for about five minutes before there was some complaining!  I am hopeful that their stamina will increase over the summer as I always loved playing board games with my sister and I feel the boys are just starting to get to the ages where this can be enjoyable as a family!
Zander had awards day on Monday.  He got perfect attendance for the year!  After all the typical sickness in his early years, I was celebrating this accomplishment with him!  This has been our healthiest year yet!! I pray this trend continues! ;) 
And just for comparison sake, check out our oldest on his first and last day of kindergarten..... first grade here we come! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment