Sunday, June 30, 2019

Summer Break 2019: Week One!

We have fit in a lot during our first week of summer break for mommy and the boys!! This full time mama job is no joke and I find I am pretty tired at the end of the day.  Here is what we have been up to!  On Monday, we celebrated Mommy's birthday and being together as a family of four after a few days apart.  Tuesday, we ran a lot of errands and checked off a few fun things the boys enjoyed as well.  Zander had his swim lesson that morning and he is starting to really swim like a fish.  He still needs to work on treading water and the stamina of swimming from one side of the pool to the other but I think I can confidently say that we have a new swimmer in the house!  Then, we went to the dentist's office where both boys had great check ups for their semiannual visit.  After the dentist, we went grocery shopping and to visit both grandma and grandpa.  You can see I needed to get a frappucchino to make it through the grocery store with my crew! haha  During Maddox's nap, Zander and I scrubbed/cleaned the front porch.... one porch rung at a time!  It is a big task but I knocked it out with my little helper.  After M's nap, we went for a bike ride! I got a used bike and new helmet for my birthday from my parents and this might be my new favorite thing to do with my boys.  We went bike riding one other day this week. It is starting to get really hot here so the boys didn't last as long the second time.


On Wednesday and Thursday, we stayed at the pool after swim lessons to give both boys some extra practice in the water and enjoy some water fun with Emerson, Luke and Laurel!  During naps on these two days, I mowed one day and worked on scrubbing another portion of our siding (on the north side of the house.... the part that shows the most mold/mildew)!

 On Friday, we opted for some indoor activities after a bike ride and time at our neighborhood playground.  The boys and I put together a 100 piece puzzle which was a first for us!  They did such a great job sharing and taking turns putting the pieces where they fit.  I was so proud of them!  We met Aunt Kelly for lunch and continued to enjoy the indoor/cooler temperatures for the afternoon.  While waiting for daddy to come home, we did enjoy playing in our backyard!  Soccer and golf were the games of choice this day.

 Daddy was off work on Saturday so we enjoyed a family day!! We went out to breakfast, played at a local playground and attempted a nature hike!  (I wore flip flops so that didn't last as long as it usually does!  It was also really hot!)  We decided to take the fun indoors with one round of bowling.  I beat daddy so I had to include bragging rights here!
 We went for frozen yogurt/shaved ice as a celebration of  mommy's win! ;)
While the boys attempted a nap, I went outside to knock out cleaning another portion of the house.  The boys decided to join me and quickly realized it was hot and they wanted to swim at our neighbor's pool..... so they changed into their swimsuits while I finished cleaning the house.  We went swimming for about an hour before we took showers/baths and headed out to dinner! 
Today we went to church and out to lunch with Grammy and Grandpa.  These boys sure do love their grandparents!! They are already asking when they can spend the night again and when Grandpa will take them golfing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment