Sunday, July 7, 2019

Summer Break 2019: Week Two!

We have been busy yet again!  I am finding that I am going to have to schedule in some rest time these upcoming weeks because I don't think I'll be able to keep up this pace! haha  Of course, I have tried to be extra productive each day and by the end of week two I had some sort of sickness.  For our entire drive to Atlanta on Thursday my stomach was killing me and on Friday I felt like I had some sort of head cold.  Fortunately, I am starting to feel better but I can tell that my body is telling me its time to take a break!  Hopefully my third weekly summer break post will reflect some needed relaxation.  Until then.... here is our week two! 

On Monday, we went to the lake with the Williams family!  I water skied for the first time since high school (and was a little sore for a few days afterward.... apparently I am not as young as I used to be! haha).  The boys got to tube off the back of the boat and swim around in a little beach area.  Zander continues to impress me with his swimming abilities and Maddox follows right behind him... just as fearless.... but still with his puddle jumper safely in place!  I didn't take any pictures because I really have to watch my little explorers the entire time we are near the water!  Safety first! :) 
  
We went to the science center on Tuesday.  The boys did such a great job attending to some of the academic tasks they have available.... putting together some pretty tricky puzzles, creating their own puppet shows, listening to the entire shark tank presentation and creating some pretty impressive block structures. We had a picnic lunch at the lake/park area that is connected to the science center.  I went to work for the afternoon for a couple meetings (thank you Grammy for watching the boys).  Then, with the boys in tow, we met up with one of my best friends, Ginny, for an ice cream snack as she was passing through our town.  

On Wednesday, we stayed home. I got everything packed for our Atlanta adventure to see the Stanwoods, including our favorite nephew. :) We cuddled and watched some movies and tried to enjoy some down time. 
Thursday morning, we got an early start south.  Uncle Jay shot off some fireworks at their house that night, and we had a pretty low key Independence Day celebration since I was not feeling well at all!  You can see our only "family picture" from the holiday was in the car as we first pulled away from our home.
On Friday, we took the MARTA to downtown Atlanta.  The kids loved taking a train ride.  We were going to try the Centennial Olympic Park splash pad (hence the boys in their bathing suits) but it was closed due to the fireworks display the night before.  So we took a picture in front of the CNN building and walked around a bit before heading back to a splash pad closer to Aunt A and Uncle Jay's house.  You can also see how close we were to the Mercedes-Benz Stadium (home of the Atlanta Falcons) in one of the collages below.


 On Saturday, we went to Hippo Hop in the morning.  The boys got to bounce, slide and climb for a couple hours.  We planned for early naps for the little boys before heading to the Atlanta Braves stadium for the boys' first Major League Baseball game!  We made it to the 7th inning stretch.  It was so exciting walking around such a large stadium.  There really isn't a bad seat in the whole place!  Unfortunately, the Braves did not bring home a win.  They lost to the Miami Marlins, 5-4.  We did get to see each of the runs scored before we left.  The most exciting thing for us was that the first Braves' player up to bat hit a home run off the first pitch from the Marlins!  Fireworks went off and the crowd went crazy!! Since we didn't get to see many fireworks on the 4th, it was fun to see some after each run scored or after each strikeout!



We headed home on Sunday.  We are all pretty tired from our adventures.... we can't wait to see what week three has in store! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment